track and field recruiting

19,172 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Look Out Below
mred
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have any new information or insight into next years team. Thanks in advance
SachseAg
AG
what's a good website to follow T&F recruiting?
Look Out Below
AG
Milesplit is a good site to follow high school track & field.

I think our women's team will be MUCH improved on both the SEC and NCAA levels. Our men's team took two big blows with the loss of Fred Kerley and Victor but will still be very solid. Both teams should be in the hunt for top four team trophies at NCAA's.
TRM
AG
Can a mod add 2017-2018 to the title to make it the official recruiting thread for the year?
TRM
AG
Tech had a big recruiting weekend last week.

Look for us to bring in kids during the USC, Bama, and MSU game weeks.
TRM
AG
Julia Black, one of the top distance runners in the state and a member of Keller's State XC championship team, was one campus this past weekend. I'll see if anyone else was also on campus.
triniaggie
AG
Some of the top track and field athletes that are considering Texas A&M

Track phenom Tyrese Cooper top college choices are
Texas A&M, LSU, Florida, Baylor, Tennessee, Oregon and Arkansas
Personal Records
55m (in) - 6.34
60m (in) - 6.78
100m - 10.36
200m (in) - 21.05
200m - 20.46
300m (in) - 32.87
400m (in) - 46.01
400m - 45.23

Eric Edwards Jr. top college choices are

Texas A&M, LSU, Florida, USC, Texas Tech, Oregon, Ohio State

Personal Records
55mH (in) - 7.22
60mH (in) - 7.76
100mH - 13.62
110mH - 13.32
300mH - 36.26
400mH - 52.21

Masai Russel top college choices are

Texas A&M, Tennessee, Florida, Miami, Texas, Georgia

Personal Records
55m (in) - 7.20
300mH - 42.15
300m (in) - 39.24
400mH - 57.55
400m (in) - 55.68
400m - 55.57
Look Out Below
AG
Cooper is Class of 2019 so still another year before he takes visits, etc.
Look Out Below
AG
Look Out Below
AG
triniaggie
AG

Tyrees Moulton College Choices are
Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Miami, Arizona State and Arizona

Personal Records
  • 100m - 10.82
  • 200m - 21.36
  • 400m - 46.51
  • 500m (in) - 1:04.75
Pahdz
holy crap, Cooper ran a 45.23? geez
Ed Marcinkiewicz
Quite frankly in the case of Cooper, if he shows any improvement between now and graduating, i.e. sub-45, he should probably go pro as he will likely be offered well over market value and will be ready to compete at the international level.
Pahdz
Agreed
Oogway
From a monetary standpoint, I agree with you. However in my opinion, and it is just an opinion, I do like to see the athletes remain in school as long as possible. While the collegiate season is long, the time spent in college can be productive in so many different ways--the mentoring by coaches and age group peers, being around students who are not athletes and have different life goals, getting used to juggling the added media demands and travel, etc. Many have navigated this successfully without much post secondary time, but track and field can be so fickle, in my mind, I would like to think that an athlete who has both a set of fast wheels (or springs or tosses) and a useful degree may be better prepared for the ups and downs of the world.
Look Out Below
AG
aggierun
TOP HURDLER (ERIC EDWARDS) IN NATION ON CAMPUS THIS WEEKEND FOR AN "OFFICIAL" VISIT!

[ol]
[/ol]
TRM
AG
Masai Russell and her teammate Ashley Seymour were on campus last weekend.
Look Out Below
AG

Also of note, he is sitting next to Kynnedy Flannel at the anchor desk.
aggierun
DJ Henderson, nations leading long jumper who last year leaped 25-5.25 (altitude) and 25-2.50 (windy) for Cedar Hill Trinity Christian (has since transferred to DeSoto) has listed his top 6 schools.
In no particular order they are:
TEXAS A&M
Georgia
Texas Tech
Oregon
Southern Cal
Florida State
What's most remarkable is that Henderson only recently began to compete in track!
hurdledog
triniaggie
AG
Hurdler Eric Edwards junior will announce his college choice on Monday 16th October 2017. His final four colleges are Texas A&M, Oregon, Texas Tech and Ohio State
Oogway
If you want to be where National Champions learn and train, you come to College Station....exciting things happen on the track here!
aggierun
Top returning hurdler, Eric Edwards (Langham Creek) just announced he will attend the University of Oregon. While obviously a top talent, I have concerns that his height (5'-9") may interfere with his adjustments to the 42" hurdles. In any case I wish him luck.
aggiepe
As expected. Nothing new with these recruits and recruiting.
Ed Marcinkiewicz
I second aggierun's concern over his height. It took Wayne Davis some time to adjust to bigger hurdle and Davis was bigger than Edwards. Wish him well but this is a good year to go fishing for hurdlers.
Look Out Below
AG
Look Out Below
AG
triniaggie
AG
I believe the athlete above is Tierra Robinson-Jones who committed to the Aggies. She was second in the California state championship 400m in 53.24. She also ran a leg on the 4x400 m state championship winning team. Great pick up. By next year she could be a 52/51 quartermiler
Look Out Below
AG

TRM
AG
Carrie Fish from Frisco Liberty. PRs:
1600m - 5:06.54
3200m - 10:54.97
5K (xc) - 17:30.60

Finished 13th at NXN South last year and has dropped ~40 seconds from her XC this past year.
MidTnAg
AG
Oogway said:

From a monetary standpoint, I agree with you. However in my opinion, and it is just an opinion, I do like to see the athletes remain in school as long as possible. While the collegiate season is long, the time spent in college can be productive in so many different ways--the mentoring by coaches and age group peers, being around students who are not athletes and have different life goals, getting used to juggling the added media demands and travel, etc. Many have navigated this successfully without much post secondary time, but track and field can be so fickle, in my mind, I would like to think that an athlete who has both a set of fast wheels (or springs or tosses) and a useful degree may be better prepared for the ups and downs of the world.
I strongly believe that going to college after high school is far better than going pro for track & field performers. The lifelong benefits of college learning and experiences are too important and invaluable to dismiss or avoid.
TexAg15
AG
Allyson Felix was on the Ticket in Dallas and basically said she regretted going pro out of high school and not having a college experience. There's a reason that some of the best track minds on earth are getting paid by US universities.
Look Out Below
AG
aggierun
Tyrees Moulton (North Canyon High in Phoenix, Az), the 7th best returning 400 runner in the country (46.51) makes an "official" visit to College Station this weekend.
aggierun
Tyrees Mouton narrows his schools to: TAMU (WHOOP!), University of Miami, and Texas Tech
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.