Canelo - GGG Fight

1,182 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by carl spacklers hat
ophi175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know where I can stream it?
TwoTimeAg
AG
A draw? GGG won easily!
Bunk Moreland
We all got treated to the best boxing match in years and then immediately reminded why the sport sucks. So rigged. GGG had that by 5 rounds.

How an actual judge scored that 10 rounds to 2 for canelo is beyond me
DannyDuberstein
AG
Teddy Atlas losing it on Adalaide Byrd. How do they let this lady judge fights?
CheladaAg
AG
Is this how Mayweather beat Canelo? But this method didn't work out for Canelo
DannyDuberstein
AG
So GGG throws 40% more punches and lands 30% more punches. Threw more power punches and landed just as many, yet loses 10 rounds somehow. Someone in GGG's camp needs to follow the $$$ to Byrd.
ATM9000
AG
That lady judge was on crack.

BUT... with that being said, Golovkin didn't run away with that fight. 8 of the 12 rounds could have gone either way in my opinion.

Edit: I rewatched the fight this AM and both fighters won a minimum of 5 rounds in my opinion and I personally thought the round split was 6-6. Looking forward to the rematch. I can definitely see the judges all getting to around a draw and i can't see a scenario where a judge would give either fighter more than 2 rounds over the other.
carl spacklers hat
Watched it on Azteca TV for free, Spanish-language, though. Their scorecard mimicked Byrd's, which I thought in-fight was ridiculous. Rounds that looked obvious for GGG were scored for Canelo. I chalked it up to homerism. I thought it was a close fight, overall, but slightly in GGG's favor so the 118-110 scorecard was a shock.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.