US Open 2017

1,126 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAggie2011
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't posted all year on tennis even though my favorite player has somehow won 2 of 3 slams at a late age.

Anywhoo.... Let's get this started.

Djoker, Murray, Stan all out. It's seemingly fed and Rafa but they're in the same draw.

Tsonga just went out in straight sets to the young Canadian Shapovalav.

Who you got, what do you think, etc?
Chapa96
AG
I dont think Fed will win it. He lost to Zverez few weeks back. Barely won in the first round.

Zverev lost yesterday.

I'm thinking it may be someone new. Not sure whom.

But please, Fed prove me wrong!! Go Fed!

Chapa96
AG
Krajicek and Withrow have teamed up in doubles and are playing right now on Watch Espn App. On the 3rd set they are up a 4-2.
Bunk Moreland
Fed is dealing with the back spasms, but we'll see. I agree that he probably doesn't win it. I'm not sure Rafa makes the finals either though. A lot of guys having to believe there's a legit chance to get a GS with the injuries.
Oogway
I agree, Federer may be a long shot at this one. He didn't look comfortable when I saw him play the other night and usually he is smooth.

I was a little surprised he decided to play after his back was giving him trouble. Picking and choosing his tournaments has served him well this year at his 'late' age (although I prefer 'seasoned'

Bunk Moreland
well Fed just took the first set 6-1 over Youzhny so I'd say he's feeling a bit better today.
Bunk Moreland
I stopped paying attention after the first set. Good lord he dropped the next 2 before winning in 5?

Clearly he's going for a record of winning a grand slam by winning every match in 5 sets.
Oogway
I missed the match; I wouldn't want to go through the entire tournament that way if I had a sore back, but perhaps Federer can gut it out.

I peeked at the scores and there were a number of five set matches. Do you suppose with some of the other highly ranked players out that some of the young guns are taking more risks along the lines of 'at least I have a shot'?
bigfoot10s
AG
Big day in US Open tennis today...

4 American women in the semis. First time in a major since 1985 Wimbledon

Rafa rolls into the semis easily. You could probably hand him the trophy right now and feel confident in it.

Fed falls in 4 to DelPo. Great match.
Bunk Moreland
Fed choked away that match in 3rd set tiebreak, but it was great tennis by both. He had too many unforced errors early.

Love seeing DelPo playing that well again. Hope he brings it to Rafa.

Love the women's side with the American dominance.
TXAggie2011
AG
I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I don't like Chris Evert's commentary.

Maybe it seems like 1) gets caught up on one or two talking points she wrote down and 2) seems to want a particular player to win and the commentary skews that direction.

She's never seemed to fit into ESPN's crew quite so smoothly like the others but the above seems pronounced this tournament.
TXAggie2011
AG
Anyways, tale of two sets here with Venus-Stephens.

Venus settling down in the second and trying to lay into her serves.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.