Houston Strikers sign Gold Medalist

765 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RebelE Infantry
FrickinFracker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From Grant Cole (This Is Texas Rugby):
ICYMI , that's one helluva starting XV...
1. Jack Riley (W. Houston Lions)
2. Diego Armando Maquieira (Mystic River
3. Adam Macklin (Ulster)
4. Jackson Slater (Lone Star Rangers)
5. Charlie Hewitt (Worcester Warriors)
6. Matt Trouville (Seattle Saracens)
7. Kyle Sumsion (Sacramento Express)
8. Pago Haini (Marist)
9. Connor Murphy (London Irish)
10. Sam Windsor (Ulster)
11. Christian Slater (James Bay)
12. ??? Not named, but I bet an Aggie graces this slot
13. Osea Kolinisau (Fiji 7s)
14. ??? Not named, but I bet it's a Badger!
15. Zach Pangelinan (OMBAC)
Three more Front Rows!
Jake Turnbull, Lindsey Stevens, & Codi Jones

**Check out the little nugget at #12 - I think Grant Cole is hinting at Conor Mills here!**

From the announcement on the Houston Strikers Facebook page:

Strikers Rugby are pleased to announce the signing of Oscar Kolinisau, Fiji Rugby 7s player and captain who famously lead the Fijian national team to glory at the Rio Olympics where they won Gold. Alongside leading Fiji to Olympic glory Osea has won multiple HSBC Sevens World Series Championships over his playing career.

Osea said, 'I'm thankful to the Lord and the Strikers management for this exciting opportunity to be a part of the Houston Strikers Rugby family. I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

Fijian Olympic Coach Ben Ryan said, 'Osea is one of the finest players I've ever coached and easily the best captain. The most capped and most successful Fijian sevens player of all time - he has become an all-time great both in Fiji and in the world of sevens. Hugely talented and with a massive work ethic - he is a brilliant acquisition and will be a fine player on the field and a magnificent role model off it. A finer man you will not meet.'

Strikers' Head Coach Fitzpatrick said, "Osea is a player with a bucket load of individual ability which is well documented for those familiar with the World Sevens Series, he also brings a wealth of experience of leading and performing at the highest levels which will add great value to the Strikers as we build out the manner in which we want to play and instilling the culture of our program. I therefore couldn't be more pleased that Osea has chosen to join the Strikers. I would like to thank my friend and former Ulster team mate Joe Veitayaki for the introduction and to Coach Ben Ryan for helping with the flow of the conversations."

"Inspiring Houston to fall in love with Rugby."
RebelE Infantry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
God I hope they sign Conor. I played for his dad in HS and he was a great coach and even better man. Also, to be honest D3 South and my team in particular is getting tired of being brutalized by Lone Star lol.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.