USA Rugby qualifies for the World Cup!!

1,214 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FrickinFracker
FrickinFracker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since there's like 5 other people on this board interested in rugby, I thought I'd post this:

On Saturday, USA took down Canada in a thrilling match. In a cumulative points series of 2 games, the rivals tied 28-28 the week before in Edmonton. On July 1, Canada Day, the USA thrashed Canada 52-16 to secure the "Americas 1" Seed in the 2019 Rugby World Cup, the first time in the history that the Americans have taken the top spot for the Americas.

If you missed it and would like to watch the replay, I'd suggest getting a subscription to therugbychannel.tv, it's $50/yr...

Or watch on YouTube here:
rugger74
AG
Thanks for the info FF. What years did you play in Aggieland?
FrickinFracker
AG
06-07. Kept screwing up my GPA, so I ended up transferring to UH, but I still follow A&M sports pretty closely.
Visor Guy
AG
Thanks for the great update!
RebelE Infantry
AG
Was a great match to watch! I told my wife this is the only chance she has a getting me to go to Japan (she's always wanted to go there.) going to be tough going in the pool of death!

OP we were on the team at the same time it seems.
FrickinFracker
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Was a great match to watch! I told my wife this is the only chance she has a getting me to go to Japan (she's always wanted to go there.) going to be tough going in the pool of death!

OP we were on the team at the same time it seems.

Right on! I'm Nick H. Played Hooker when I was able to stick around
RebelE Infantry
AG
Awesome! How have you been? I see your comments on TIAR every so often. I'm Matt A. Played prop.
FrickinFracker
AG
Right on man! Yeah I've gotten a little more vocal with the online rugby community lately - enjoying the conversations. Things are good. At LSU for a Master's and playing with BR. You played with The Arrows this year, right? I tried to follow y'all's scores on TITR when I could
RebelE Infantry
AG
Outstanding! Glad to hear you're doing well. Ya I did, and boy is it a whole lot different playing at 30 vs 20! We had a rough go of it but managed to put Galveston to the sword which was a good morale boost. We're looking for to building and improving in year 2! I'm glad I got back into rugby after ending my military career this past January. You doing any 7s this summer?
FrickinFracker
AG
I played a beach tournament and a regular 7s tournament with Baton Rouge. I'm sure I'll get another one in by the end of the summer. Hbu?
RebelE Infantry
AG
Sweet. Lol did you miss the part where I'm a prop? I'm more focused on club development and handling the new kit ordering and whatnot. 7s is not for the fats lol.
FrickinFracker
AG
Lol we've been playing in very different tournaments lol lots of props playing 7s in Louisiana
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.