National Champions

3,824 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Look Out Below
The Ghost of Johnny
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congrats, Aggies! Whoop!
mikestulce
Congrats on the National Championship...Job Well Done!!

This was the classiest and most professional NCAA championships I've ever attended. Proud day for Aggies everywhere.
Houstonag
AG
Great job team and thanks, Pat.
Gundren
4x400 won it. Came down to the anchor leg. Classic finish, awesome win!
Argentina Aggie
God bless our Aggies! Congratulations to Coach Henry, his staff and the TEAM!
SchizoAg
aggie67,74&76
AG
Congratulations to the Men's Track Team!
coldmoose
Jay Dawn
AG
Gundren said:

4x400 won it. Came down to the anchor leg. Classic finish, awesome win!
Every Ag athlete earning points won it.......team win margin was 0.5 points.
NorCal
Rock1982
p-wonk01
Ishmael-Ag
AG
Henry was the greatest hire in A&M sports history! Congrats!!
RomanAg11
67walkon
How many Natty's in men's and women's indoor & outdoor track has he won Here & at LSU? Greatest A&M coach of all time in any sport. Thanks Coach Pat!
Kendall Madden
very proud! great job.
RoseRichAg01
txagdan
Mudpie
aggiedad55
AG
Won by half a point over the Gators. Heart pounding finish! Congratulations! WHOOP
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
BombayAg
WE WIN!
Jeff84
AG
I think this is nine.....4 men's outdoors, 4 women's outdoors, and this being the first indoor for the men.

Incredible!
fightintxaggie10
AG
Three thoughts:

1.Thank you Bill Byrne.
2.I hope our new Track facility is everything Pat wants.
3.NATIONAL CHAMPS LETS GO. GIG'EM!
sharpdressedman
Wow! Amazing accomplishment vs. top-tier competition. Congratulations to coaches and athletes!
agwarrior
aggiebrad94
AG
Has anyone seen video of the race? I checked ncaa.com and youtube and can't find it.
coloradoag69
AG
On the premium board there is a an article entitled "Pat Henry ... ". It is near the top of the forum topic list.

On the first page if you scroll down a ways - perhaps halfway - there is a video of th 4 by 400..

You can also go to the espn3 website, chose the replay tab, select track and field and the NCAA Indoor Championships should come up. Start it and move the red time bar at the bottom of the screen to the 3 hour 8 minute mark. That should show our heat.

Good luck.
PhatMack19
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

Has anyone seen video of the race? I checked ncaa.com and youtube and can't find it.
Awesome!

mullokmotx
AG
Just noticed that a Florida runner got disqualified in the 400 meters. That would have given them at least 1 more point. Their half point came from a tie for 5th in the high jump.
Agit8r
AG
Frickin' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iowaggie
AG
mullokmotx said:

Just noticed that a Florida runner got disqualified in the 400 meters. That would have given them at least 1 more point. Their half point came from a tie for 5th in the high jump.

Anyone know what the DQ was for?
Oogway
You know, I was there but I am trying to remember if I saw when/where a flag went up. I don't remember a false start so if I had to guess it might have been at the cut-in or not staying in a lane prior to the cut-in? The 400 was crazy fast in both sections so everything was a little frenetic in the stands.

I do hope the new outdoor facility is built soon. If you want to talk about putting money into something that has produced results, the track & field program has certainly done that many times over. Nine national championships, world leading marks and Olympic qualifiers should certainly speak for something. Plus, the high school state championships being held at ...ahem...another institution gives a recruiting edge to the competition. While I don't see that changing anytime soon, it should would be nice to have an outdoor meet here at a track as stellar as the indoor facility.
halco87
Right about when they hit the 200m mark he clearly cuts in on and pushes the Alabama runner who beat him to the break. No reason to do it, had he just settled in and finished the race Florida would have the 1st place trophy today.
Look Out Below
AG
While we were all busy watching Fred destroy the second heat of the 400, several strides back the Florida kid cut off the Alabama kid between 200-250 in. I would assume the folks at Alabama didn't take too kindly to that and the DQ was the result.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.