High School Indoor Classic

1,081 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Oogway
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I counted 2,700 entries not including the relays. The girls 200m prelims has 63 heats. How packed do the stands get if sitting in GA? I have a reserved seat for Saturday but I may drive up tomorrow night to watch in the GA sections.
roboag
AG
That's going to be a long swim meet!
tk for tu juan
It is an indoor track meet at A&M tomorrow and Saturday. You definitely get your moneys worth with around 16 hours of events.
Oogway
My youngest wants to go, but we will have to hope that Sat nite is not a sellout since we have some things earlier in the day.
Are you going to be taking pics?
tk for tu juan
Yep, trying out a new camera.

Cameron Montgomery, RB from Stafford, ran a 6.82 in the 60m prelims. Noticeably faster than the other runners. Probably will be closer in the finals
Oogway
When you get a chance, what were your impressions? How did the camera work out?
tk for tu juan
I have uploaded the photos up to the 60m hurdle finals. Still have many to sort thru in the events after the hurdles.

A&M High School Indoor Classic Photos
Oogway
Great pics! Loved that you got one of Culbreath (sp?). She ran a blazing mile.
tk for tu juan
Thanks. A lot of meet records were broken over the two days.

I was using a Canon 7D MkII previously, which is great for outdoor meets and ok for indoor. Bought a Canon 5D MkIV over the holidays to use as a overall camera and wanted to try it out for the indoor meets. Took awhile to get use to the slower high speed shutter (7 frames/second vs 10 frames/second), but the images are a little sharper and a little less "noisy".
Oogway
Well, all I know is they look good! There was some real talent at this meet. I hope it continues to grow. Kudos to all who make it happen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.