*****Official 16-17 Dallas Stars Season Thread*****

30,483 Views | 488 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Danther37
Street_Cred_Norm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, it looks like Hitch is back. They will , at least, play better defense.
plarmigan
AG
Now focus needs to be on the goalie situation
CoolAggie
AG
Out in Left Field, you need to start the Official 17-18 Dallas Stars Season Thread so we can get the official announcement of Hitchcock (once again).
Kashchei
AG
Better than Ruff, but not thrilled by the hire. Major retread.
Mr. Peterman
Kashchei said:

Better than Ruff, but not thrilled by the hire. Major retread.

That is a pretty common theme in the NHL. I mean, look at Claude Julien. Was head coach of Boston till February of this year and then was hired by Montreal one week later as head coach and is now coaching in the playoffs.
Street_Cred_Norm
Im all in on Hitch again. Loved what he said in the press conference. His track record should merit him a chance from everyone.
Kashchei
AG
Caps and Leafs is hockey at its finest. High energy back and forth. Beautiful.
Street_Cred_Norm
I do enjoy the bandwagon Hawks fans misery. Go Ducks, need the draft pick to be a number 1.
Out in Left Field
AG
Wow every game last nite went to OT.
Out in Left Field
AG
Jordie didn't help things tonight.
Out in Left Field
AG
Stars got bumped up to the #3 draft slot.
Kashchei
AG
Haha! Daley with the holding call that put the Caps on the PP in OT. Game over.
Street_Cred_Norm
Bishop traded to Stars for a 4th round draft pick....
Cappo
AG
Bishop
rather be fishing
AG
Goalie
TheClaw07
AG
Yes sir! Officially done! That's a big step in the right direction for this team.
jdgilberg
AG
Just traded for his rights, still a pending UFA, he's going to want $5-6 mil a year for 5 years.
Kashchei
AG
I wanted Grubauer

It's a solid move and I get the Stars are in win-now mode, but I would've preferred a longer term solution than a guy who is probably about to hit the downside of his career. He is massive size wise though.
Kashchei
AG
In other news, the NHL just announced the 2018 Winter Classic. NYR @ BUF, however, due to a contract clause the Rangers have, Buffalo will be the home team..... at Citi Field. The matchup was selected when Gary Bettman drew two names from a hat containing the Blackhawks, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals, Rangers, Islanders, Sabres, Red Wings, Bruins, and Maple Leafs.

I get it, ratings. Blah blah blah. But it's become a stale joke. Minnesota v. Dallas? Edmonton v. Calgary? No, we need moar east coast teams!!! The NHL's favoritism is almost as blatant as that of the NBA.
TXAggie2011
AG
I don't fully know all the processes for selection, but between the Stadium Series and Heritage Classic, the west has had some games.
CoolAggie
AG
10 Things to know about Bishop

I'm looking forwards to the Bishop era. Hopefully he has as much success as that crazy mofo Belfour.
MountainAg99
AG
And the Stars now have two 1st round picks!!
FL_Ag1998
AG
One more thing to know about Bishop (from a Lightning fan).....be ready for him to wear down and not last the entire season (assuming he gets the majority of the starts, and he definitely wants the bulk of the starts as that was a source of contention in his last few months here).

I like him and hope he has success. He can be a solid, solid goalie, but his durability was a definite liability over the past two seasons and a reason most fans werent too upset when he was traded.
Baby Billy
AG
6 years, 29.5M for Bishop
Cappo
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

6 years, 29.5M for Bishop
That seems pretty high
TheClaw07
AG
Less than 5M per year is a lot less than many thought he would sign for. It's a win for the Stars at that price.
TV Casualty
AG
Now we need Las vegas to take a goalie off our hands.
Street_Cred_Norm
FL_Ag1998 said:

One more thing to know about Bishop (from a Lightning fan).....be ready for him to wear down and not last the entire season (assuming he gets the majority of the starts, and he definitely wants the bulk of the starts as that was a source of contention in his last few months here).

I like him and hope he has success. He can be a solid, solid goalie, but his durability was a definite liability over the past two seasons and a reason most fans werent too upset when he was traded.

That is a great point but I thinks that's why they will keep Kari( assuming he can deal with it) because he can play 25-30 games to keep Bishop fresh.
Danther37
AG
Soooo...... is it time to start a new Dallas Stars thread for our cup-winning season coming up?
Kashchei
AG
Danther37 said:

Soooo...... is it time to start a new Dallas Stars thread for our cup-winning season coming up?

I nominate you to start the thread. It's perfect timing with the protected lists released.

And Left Field is hereby banned from creating any future season threads.
TV Casualty
AG
You would have to think that there is a good chance it's Cody Eakin who will get taken.
Kashchei
AG
Yes please
Out in Left Field
AG
Kashchei said:

Danther37 said:

I nominate you to start the thread. It's perfect timing with the protected lists released.

MountainAg99
AG
New season thread
Danther37
AG
Kashchei said:

Danther37 said:

Went ahead and started a new season thread so we need to migrate over there eventually.....

Staff needs to delete this thread just like I deleted this season from my mind

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.