Donavan Brazier

3,112 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by triniaggie
aggiepe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Flotrack is reporting that he is turning pro.
Great job by the coaching staff. He drop 5 plus seconds in one season

http://www.flotrack.org/article/42803-donavan-brazier-is-turning-pro

tk for tu juan
This sucks, but at least he decided to go to the Olympic trials.
gamedrunk
AG
Good for Brazier. Based on the money ($2 million) that website is suggesting, it's an easy decision.
aggierun
HUGE LOSS, but I wish him all the best!! Perhaps we should now worry about Lindon Victor...I am quite certain he'll compete for Grenada at this summer's games and it will be interesting to see if he returns to CS in the Fall. Fingers crossed that he does well and returns for his senior campaign.
TRM
AG
Good luck to Donavan! With all the articles that have been coming out recently and his perfomance at NCAA, it's not a surprise. I wonder if NIke, or whomever signs him, will turn him into an 800/1500 guy.
oklaunion
I wish him luck and hope he is successful but figure the odds are against someone as young as he. I think he has had 2 really good meets, one indoor and one outdoor. Coach Henry and his staff are special and can bring along a young talent as well as any staff out there. And it's not just the training for a youngster but helping them digest what is going on between their ears. Good luck to him.
The Ghost of Johnny
AG
Is he going to stay in college station to train? This could be a good recruiting tool for more middle distance athletes if so.
aggierun
Same question as above post: Has he left his coaches and College Station, or is he going to stay and train at A&M? Trials begin this weekend.
triniaggie
AG

It looked like he went back to Michigan and has been training for the Olympic Trials

http://woodtv.com/2016/06/27/record-breaking-kenowa-hills-alum-aims-for-olympics/

aggierun
Announced today that Donovan has signed with Nike
RoseRichAg01
Good luck to him.
mnuge
AG
Didn't qualify.

Hated the decision to turn pro before...REALLY hate it now.
Coach Henry has a policy of only training post collegiate athletes so Donovan will most likely continue training elsewhere.
Brazier is an amazing runner with a great future, but when everyone was (rightfully) freaking about his time and where he ranked in the world, most forgot the pros weren't "peaking" yet. He just finished up grueling indoor and outdoor seasons...which is why the coaches were not wanting him to run in the trails. He's young...they did not want to rush him.
Flo Track (and others) put out ridiculous numbers of what his contract would be and certainly had to be more than tempting. I'm going to assume the crazy money they were talking about was contingent on making the Olympic team.
More than unfortunate...
triniaggie
AG

His agent Mark Wetmore filed a protest afterward, according to a post from flotrack.org. The agent claimed Brazier's foot was stepped on during the first 200 meters and loosened his shoe. His appeal to advance was denied

http://www.mlive.com/sports/2016/07/kenowa_hills_grad_donavan_braz_1.html

triniaggie
AG
Flotrack has reported that Donavan Brazier has left Florida and is back in College Station training

FloTrack@FloTrack Oct 22
BREAKING: Donavan Brazier has left Duane Solomon's training group to return back to his A&M coach.
http://www.flotrack.org/video/1002455-donavan-brazier-on-why-he-joined-duane-solomons-group-and-then-switched-back-to-his-am-coach
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.