Well That was Fun!

2,639 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by DatTallArchitect
caleblyn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I brought my son to A&M for a visit to the School of Architecture. I don't want to ramble on about Architecture on a Baseball board, but the Dean and a professor bent over backwards to accommodate us on a last minute visit. It was an amazing experience.

Anyhow, we went to our first baseball game at A&M Friday night and had a blast. Ended up in the outfield because I didn't realize there was two ticket gates. Oh well, super fun. We went to the first Sat game and sat in the 3rd base lawn. That was a great experience as well. The players were right in front of us, warming up and signing autographs. On a side not, the Spynx of Police telling everyone to sit down every 3 minutes is annoying. I realize it is for safety but do something to protect the people and let us enjoy the game…a net, raise the handrail barrier, etc.

Both games had some amazing moments, HRs from almost everyone, the Rifleman (did t even know about that), bubbles, Ratling Bog, Ball Five, getting in the pitchers head (Chandler, this is all your fault…LOL).

Great experience. Can't wait to go back.
94chem
Good deal. The Rifleman was at least from the early 90's. I guess it was a Grubbs addition. It was right up there with broken glass on foul balls out of the stadium, Hank Williams "Walking the Floor," and "Hit the Road, Jack" for pitching changes.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Mark Fairchild
AG
94chem: Howdy, but you left out the Four Seasons 'Walk Like a Man'. Oh, and the 'Leave Him In, Take Him Out' Chant. Just sayin'.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
caleblyn
Another fun thing that happened,

Friday night, I videoed several at bats, with expectation of a HR, to only be rewarded with a K. Therefore, I stopped videoing.

Fast forward to Saturday. We are sitting there with bases loaded and I told my son, "This is it, it's going to happen!" Yanked the phone out and started videoing as Monty crushed a grand slam. Ha! Great video of the hit and celebration.
Eso si, Que es
Mark Fairchild said:

94chem: Howdy, but you left out the Four Seasons 'Walk Like a Man'. Oh, and the 'Leave Him In, Take Him Out' Chant. Just sayin'.
Don't forget when the netting behind home plate ran up to press box and everyone would make the sound of the ball rolling up the net and back down the net and immediately yelling "PICK IT UP!" as soon as the ball hit the ground!!!

Guessing the number of train engines

"Touch his butt" during mound visits

And emphatic "E!" anytime a fan drops a foul ball
StinkyPinky
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Don't forget when the netting behind home plate ran up to press box and everyone would make the sound of the ball rolling up the net and back down the net and immediately yelling "PICK IT UP!" as soon as the ball hit the ground!!!

great memories!
wink1989
AG
StinkyPinky said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Mark Fairchild said:

great memories!

Whooooooooop…… on the way up………..woooooo…….on the way down!
Blitz88
AG
94chem said:

Good deal. The Rifleman was at least from the early 90's. I guess it was a Grubbs addition. It was right up there with broken glass on foul balls out of the stadium, Hank Williams "Walking the Floor," and "Hit the Road, Jack" for pitching changes.
I know it was there in 87/88
sanaug
AG
Made me laugh. Thanks
missinAggieland
AG
StinkyPinky said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Mark Fairchild said:

great memories!

Indeed!
tamc91
AG
The use of The Rifleman dates back to the late 80's as the poster above notes.

Also, not to be that guy, but Earnest Tubb sang "Walkin the Floor".
dcowboy808
AG
tamc91 said:

The use of The Rifleman dates back to the late 80's as the poster above notes.

Also, not to be that guy, but Earnest Tubb sang "Walkin the Floor".

Not to be that guy, but it's spelled Ernest
DatTallArchitect
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Mark Fairchild said:

These were always some of my favorites
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.