Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Passive Amazon Store

2,497 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by WestHoustonAg79
Troglodyte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm getting hammered with ads for those passive Amazon stores. Looks like the investment is $30-50k. Anyone have any experience with them.
12thMan9
AG
https://www.junglescout.com/resources/articles/how-to-make-passive-income-on-amazon/
Ronnie '88
Proposition Joe
If it's reached the point that there's a glut of people advertising how to make money in something, then chances are the opportunity to actually make money in it ceased a long time ago.

I'm sure there are still pockets of profitability places, but guys I know that entered the Amazon drop-ship space 3-4 years ago have already left it because margins were driven down by everyone entering the space.
moses1084ever
AG
Always go meta, bro. Go one step higher.

For example, it used to be great living to be a life coach. Now you gotta be life coach for life coaches, or even a life coach for life coaches who life coach people.
bmks270
AG
The money is in teaching other people some money making skill.
Decay
AG
We're getting to the point where we need to make YouTube videos about getting a job as the one weird trick to making money
themissinglink
AG
No kidding. If people devoted the time they spend on "side-hustles" to their 9-5 jobs, they'd probably double their comp.
Flashdiaz
AG
themissinglink said:

No kidding. If people devoted the time they spend on "side-hustles" to their 9-5 jobs, they'd probably double their comp.
would they though? Not all corporate jobs adequately compensate extra hard work.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I want to open an aggregator for aggregators for hotel aggregators.
jagvocate
AG
moses1084ever said:

For example, it used to be great living to be a life coach. Now you gotta be life coach for life coaches, or even a life coach for life coaches who life coach people.
Troglodyte
AG
themissinglink said:

I don't disagree. In my situation, I got a decent full time gig. I'm trying to up my passive investments to help me with cash flow in retirement. Typically, I do these through real estate investments, but those have been dry for the past 12-18 months. I need to get my annual allocation out, so I'm looking for other passive gigs.
themissinglink
AG
Flashdiaz said:

themissinglink said:

would they though? Not all corporate jobs adequately compensate extra hard work.
I'm making a very general statement, but I think for most people, a mastery of their current role and showing some ability to perform their bosses role will lead to a promotion (at their existing company or elsewhere). Not immediate, but over time, I think most people would be better off just working harder at their existing job. Especially give that most of the side-hustle marketing is geared to low/middle income people. Plenty of exceptions to that though.
Proposition Joe
moses1084ever said:

Subscription-based, of course.
WestHoustonAg79
Flashdiaz said:

themissinglink said:

Well if you're going to put the sweat in for the side hustle why wouldn't you take a risk and work for a private firm/go into some form of business for yourself full time?

From my short career experience that is the only way I've seen being able to amass real wealth unless you are the very small demo that actually "climbs the corporate ladder"

Working for a huge corp sounds miserable.
aw08
Whatever you do… don't do these.

It's pitched as 'done for you'. That's cute and all, but you'll have more of a headache once shtf with your store.

First of all, dropshipping is against terms of service on amazon. You WILL get suspended or terminated as a seller by Amazon. These marketing clowns pitch that they 'know someone at amazon'. All full of sh!

When your amazon store gets suspended, they withhold all your money and you're stuck holding the bag to the tune of a massive cc bill to pay off.

I did one of these in 2019, after numerous suspensions and headache, I finally just shut it down. I got lucky and got paid out before my suspension. I almost got stuck with a 75k cc bill…

These guys are just good at marketing. They outsource all operations overseas and don't actually know a damn thing about how to run a store.

Save yourself the trouble, get into real estate and buy some rental property.
Petrino1
themissinglink said:

Flashdiaz said:

themissinglink said:

I'm making a very general statement, but I think for most people, a mastery of their current role and showing some ability to perform their bosses role will lead to a promotion (at their existing company or elsewhere). Not immediate, but over time, I think most people would be better off just working harder at their existing job. Especially give that most of the side-hustle marketing is geared to low/middle income people. Plenty of exceptions to that though.
You can do both. Show a mastery of your role to get promoted and do side gigs to increase income. It doesnt have to be one or the other. Ive gotten steady raises and promotions throughout my career while also bringing in a few thousand every month from side gigs.

Also, not every promotion is worth it. Ive seen a lot of examples throughout my career where theres a 10% increase for 20% more work and responsibilities. No thanks.
Petrino1
WestHoustonAg79 said:

Flashdiaz said:

themissinglink said:

Well if you're going to put the sweat in for the side hustle why wouldn't you take a risk and work for a private firm/go into some form of business for yourself full time?

From my short career experience that is the only way I've seen being able to amass real wealth unless you are the very small demo that actually "climbs the corporate ladder"

Pretty much anyone breathing can bring in a few thousand extra every month by driving for Uber or waiting tables or something. Not everyone has the smarts and capabilities to start their own business, and bring a product to market.

Depends what you define as real wealth. You can retire a multi millionaire by working for a mega corp just by saving and investing aggressively. Ive become a millionaire in my 30's by working for large corporations. Yes, it can be soul sucking lol, but the income and benefits allow me to have a pretty nice life, and Im on track for early retirement. The side gig income also helps a lot.
bigtruckguy3500
Yeah, I started this thread after seeing a lot of the same ads you probably did. And I mean A LOT. That, plus "get my free ebook on realestate investing."

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/3456540
yocod
AG
This is spot on. It's how every MLM/Pyramid Scheme works. The Superstar Director Platinum Elite makes their money by selling "tools" to the aspiring entrepreneur. Not saying that the OP is talking about a pyramid scheme, but this sounds pretty similar.
Proposition Joe
Petrino1 said:

WestHoustonAg79 said:

Flashdiaz said:

themissinglink said:

Pretty much anyone breathing can bring in a few thousand extra every month by driving for Uber or waiting tables or something. Not everyone has the smarts and capabilities to start their own business, and bring a product to market.

Depends what you define as real wealth. You can retire a multi millionaire by working for a mega corp just by saving and investing aggressively. Ive become a millionaire in my 30's by working for large corporations. Yes, it can be soul sucking lol, but the income and benefits allow me to have a pretty nice life, and Im on track for early retirement. The side gig income also helps a lot.

Yeah, I think the entrepreneur life gets glamorized a bit too much. Sure it can be rewarding, and personally I don't think I could ever work for a "soul sucking corporation", but at the same time the tradeoff for that is the guy putting his hours in at a corporate job typically has set vacation, set working hours, great health insurance, and likely a career salary path where assuming they are employable they know what they will be making 1-3-5-10 years from now. There's major upsides and downsides to both paths.
WestHoustonAg79
Proposition Joe said:

Petrino1 said:

WestHoustonAg79 said:

Flashdiaz said:

themissinglink said:

Yeah, I think the entrepreneur life gets glamorized a bit too much. Sure it can be rewarding, and personally I don't think I could ever work for a "soul sucking corporation", but at the same time the tradeoff for that is the guy putting his hours in at a corporate job typically has set vacation, set working hours, great health insurance, and likely a career salary path where assuming they are employable they know what they will be making 1-3-5-10 years from now. There's major upsides and downsides to both paths.

Both fair points. Non salary jobs certainly aren't for everyone. Also, if you go the route the previous poster said, you end up having an amazing set up in a great suburb with 10/10 schools etc.

It all makes so much sense to me. I can see how my post came out crass.

I just don't think I could deal with Office Space in real life. I've non salary for so long it's second nature to always be looking for the next deal or thing to put together. Couldn't go back is all I guess.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.