Thoughts on 23/24 1500 Chevys?

662 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by aggie_wes
atmtws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Other half totaled his truck last week (woman ran a stop sign, and t-boned him). Hes looking at a 2024 1500. MIL manages a Chevy dealership in Houston and we went and test drove some yesterday. I really liked the way the new ones drove and now I am contemplating trading mine in for a newer one now. I have a 2018 GMC 1500 Z71 with the notorious transmission shift issues. Have they fixed these issues in these new models? I'm not a truck nerd like I used to be 10+ yrs ago. Any feedback is appreciated.
kyledr04
AG
Lots of good reviews about a 3.0 diesel but it does have lots of emissions stuff to do wrong. For a gasser, I'd prefer a 2500 without AFM lifters. Also heard a few good things about a the 2.7l turbomax.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Just picked a 24 Sierra 1500 AT with the 3.0 and so far it is great.
Teslag
AG
I had a 2021 1500 who the 3.0 duramax and it was hands down the best truck I've ever owned. 10 speed was smooth and flawless and the 26mpg on the highway for commuting was great. Never had an issue with DEF for anything emissions related. Only thing I didn't like was the dated interior which seems to be fixed with the 23/24's. I traded it in the other day for a 2500 with a 6.7 duramax because I needed more tow vehicle for a 33' trailer. But I really miss that 1500 when not towing.
aggie_wes
AG
I have a 24 GMC with the 3.0, got almost 12k miles on it now and it's been great. I would definitely recommend it or the Chevy version.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.