Dak vs lamar

1,966 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Woods Ag
Lake08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who ya got??
fullback44
AG
Lamar all day long .. Dak doesn't compare to Lamar when it comes to getting out of tough situations. Although when listening to both talk, Dak sounds a little a lot more intelligent, Lamar is hard to listen to.
The Porkchop Express
Jackson is the only QB in the last 10 years to win MVP but not have a Super Bowl appearance.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39389608/lamar-jackson-nfl-mvp-playing-super-bowl-streak-ravens

Oddly, I think I'd take Dak in the post-season, Jackson seems to shrivel in the spotlight. For a guy who can take over a game with his legs, he never seems to do it. There were numerous times yesterday when he just shoiuld have started calling his own # and taken off with the ball
LB12Diamond
AG
Neither
W
AG
when you look at Lamar's season stats...some of the MVP hype didn't make sense

he finished with 24 TD passes and 5 TD runs in 16 games

he had 4 big games that accounted for 13 TD passes...including 5 TD passes vs. the Dolphins

but he also had 9 games in which he threw zero or only 1 TD pass

had a large standard deviation in performance...which showed up in the playoffs

big game vs. the Texans (2 TD pass + 2 TD run)....small game vs. the Chiefs (1 TD pass only)
W
AG
when Lamar won the MVP in 2019

he had 36 TD passes and 7 TD runs in just 15 games

he was awesome that season
Iowaggie
AG
Yes to all that, but his team also had the best record, just like in 2019 when the Ravens were T-1st in the league.

The QBs for the top 4 teams: Lamar, Dak, Goff, and Purdy.

And I think it matters that Lamar's regular season losses aren't on national TV in Prime Time.
Zachary Klement
AG
I also think you need to consider the lack of surrounding talent on the Ravens' offense.

Their RB room is trash, their WR corps is not good outside of Flowers, and Mark Andrews missed nine games.

The offensive weapons Allen, Purdy, and Dak (the other QBs who are finalists for the MVP) have at their disposal are exponentially better.
samurai_science
Lake08 said:

Who ya got??
Purdy
samurai_science
Zachary Klement said:

I also think you need to consider the lack of surrounding talent on the Ravens' offense.

Their RB room is trash, their WR corps is not good outside of Flowers, and Mark Andrews missed nine games.

The offensive weapons Allen, Purdy, and Dak (the other QBs who are finalists for the MVP) have at their disposal are exponentially better.
Always and excuse for his failures, the only constant is him
BMX Bandit
This year he essentially backed into the mvp

It was hurts, then he fell off.

Dak was the favorite, then laid an egg v bills and lost again next week.

Purdy up next. Then got clowned against ravens.

Lamar was left standing.
boy09
AG
W said:

when you look at Lamar's season stats...some of the MVP hype didn't make sense
He was the QB for the #1 overall seed and most dominant team in the league in the regular season. Let's not pretend the MVP award is anything more than that.

Also, give me Lamar over Dak. Not really a tough decision imo.
Zachary Klement
AG
samurai_science said:

Zachary Klement said:

Always and excuse for his failures, the only constant is him
I would disagree with you on that...he has constantly had average to below-average surrounding skill players...they have suffered unfortunate injuries (JK Dobbins and Mark Andrews), they have had draft misses...they took Rashod Bateman in the first round (the year Nico Collins and ARSB went rounds later) and took Hollywood Brown ahead of Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, and Terry McLaurin, and have opted not to add great skill guys in free agency.

Most years, teams that reach or win the Super Bowl have a couple of reliable receiving threats and an above-average running back...Lamar has never consistently had that luxury. Pat Mahomes seems to be the only QB capable of really overcoming lackluster surrounding weapons, and even then, Pacheco has been great, Kelce is an elite TE, and Rachee Rice has really come into his own as of late.

In 2018 (he only started eight games as a rookie) he had:
RB: Alex Collins
WR: John Brown, Michael Crabtree, Willie Snead
TE: Nick Boyle

In 2019:
RB: Mark Ingram (30 years old)
WR: Hollywood Brown, Miles Boykin, Willie Snead
TE: Nick Boyle

In 2020:
RB: JK Dobbins and Mark Ingram split time
WR: Hollywood Brown, Miles Boykin, Willie Snead
TE: Mark Andrews

In 2021:
RB: Ty'Son Williams, DeVonta Freeman (29 years old), Latavius Murray (31 years old)
WR: Hollywood Brown, Sammy Watkins

In 2022:
RB: Kenyan Drake, JK Dobbins (missed first ten games with an injury suffered the year before), Gus Edwards (missed the first nine games with an injury suffered the year before)
WR: Devin Duvernay, Rashod Bateman, Demarcus Robinson

In 2023:
RB: Keaton Mitchell (missed half the year after an ACL tear), Gus Edwards, Justice Hill
WR: Zay Flowers, Rashod Bateman, OBJ (31 years old)
TE: Mark Andrews (missed half the season)
Woods Ag
AG
Lamar hasn't had the talent that Dak has had, but I put them both in the same boat at this point.

Different skill sets, both can perform at a high level, but there is 1 similarity..

When it's time to put your nuts on the table and carry your team and be THAT dude... They shrink and don't even look like shadows of themselves. They look like different people.

When you come to that realization you have to get off your QB. He's not someone that can lead your franchise to success. There are numerous much less talented QBs that make it all the way because of the team that is built around them, but in those moments they go out and are at least themselves. If you are one of those teams that is built around a less than game managing QB, that QB doesn't have to elevate their game. They just have to be themselves. Be consistent.

Dak and Lamar are supposed to be a level above those people and they are paid as such, but in the playoffs they aren't even worthy of starting. If either wanted to accept a Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson type role, they could succeed, but as they are they wont.
texagbeliever
Lamar Jackson probably has 2 TDs if Zay Flowers doesn't have a taunting penalty (stupid) at the 10 yard line and then fumbles later at the 1 yard line.

Lamar Jackson ran for 50 yards and threw for 270. Mahomes threw for 240.

I will say that I bet Lamar Jackson as a QB makes it tough to recruit a top WR. Those guys are ball hogs and Lamar Jackson is more of a playground QB with a big arm then a perfect pass that a WR got half a step with a good break.
Woods Ag
AG
But he wasn't that guy for most of the game. He refused to run. He was just hanging in the pocket for 5-10 seconds waiting for someone to come open and he needed to actually use his legs then.
ac04
so far, they are both guys who can put up great stats in the regular season and then play like the moment is way too big for them in the playoffs. i do not see much difference between the two at all.
jr15aggie
AG
Woods Ag said:

Lamar hasn't had the talent that Dak has had, but I put them both in the same boat at this point.

I know... Lamar's defenses have always been trash and never give him a chance to win games!
Woods Ag
AG
I should have clarified for the dak apologists: "Offensive Talent"

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.