CPI stuck around 3.5%

726 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by LMCane
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Enjoy Bidenflation and the new normal. If you are not getting at least a 3.5% raise each year, you are losing!

Quote:

On a 12-month basis, however, the CPI increased 3.4%, ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/15/cpi-inflation-april-2024-consumer-prices-rose-0point3percent-in-april.html
Teslag
AG
Lol it's way more than 3.5 in reality
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
most companies are not giving out raises that even approach real inflation. and it's not like we are really comparing 2% raise to 3.5% for inflation when you look at how inflation is truly calculated.

FJB
Logos Stick
most likely true...., median mortgage payment has gone up 14% YoY

Logos Stick
I expect the Dems to start calling for an executive order from Biden to force banks to reduce mortgage payments.

"Greedflation" LOL
General Jack D. Ripper
I wonder if those figures include property taxes and insurance. My house payment is $2k with note, taxes and insurance. And I think I make pretty decent cash. The median family income is $74k? How can this be the median house payment? This is insanity.
We’ve gone from “safe, free and effective” to “bro, the vax didn’t kill THAT many people”.
Teslag
AG
Even CNN is calling out the BS "greedation"

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/15/business/inflation-biden-rate-fed/index.html
Rapier108
AP Headline: US inflation eased in April in the first slowdown of 2024

Gaslighting 101 again.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
LMCane
Rapier108 said:

AP Headline: US inflation eased in April in the first slowdown of 2024

Gaslighting 101 again.
we are falling from 10,000 feet without a parachute at a slower rate than 5 seconds ago!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.