King Charles III

17,152 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by YouBet
An L of an Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Queen Camilla! The coronation is today. These things don't happen everyday, but damn if this isn't a huge "meh"…
AGHouston11
AG
England getting the king and queen they deserve
torrid
AG
They should have abolished the monarchy after QE2 died.
Bert315
AG
Didn't we fight a war to not have to care about them?
Actual Talking Thermos
All the side chicks of the world looking at Queen Camilla saying my day will come
bonfarr
AG
My mom followed the Princess Di wedding like it was a fairy tale come true, I remember sitting in the living room with her while she watched it on tv. The last 4 decades since have revealed the royal family to be a collection of weird looking oddballs that live more ****ed up lives than most of us average joes. It's hard to believe the UK government still funds that family.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Proc92
Would love to see some king of another useless euro country lay siege to the palace and challenge Charles to fight to the death for the throne.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
It's funny how excited the Brits get about coronating Germans
aggie93
AG
William seems to be the only pseudo normal/sane person in that family. If his Dad had any sense of duty to his family or country he would just abdicate to him but he is still the spoiled brat he was as a kid and it was always about himself.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Let's check in to get the Scots' thoughts on today

RebelE Infantry
AG
torrid said:

The monarchy is inextricably linked with British identity. Abolishing it would put the last nail in the coffin of the British as a people.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
BMX Bandit
Player To Be Named Later said:

It's funny how excited the Brits get about coronating Germans

Offspring of house of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glcksburg & House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha? It's ans English as crumpets and earl grey
YouBet
AG
Now watch Charles pass away next week and they get stuck with basically a commoner on the throne.
zephyr88
AG
Bubblez
If would be cool for us to acknowledge our history and join the Commonwealth
'03ag
YouBet said:

Now watch Charles pass away next week and they get stuck with basically a commoner on the throne.
huh?
jja79
AG
The media which preaches the evil of white privilege fawning over an inbred nitwit that people have to bow to.
FJB24
I kinda wish we could have had the opportunity to laugh at Poopy Pants wandering around lost at this/pooping his pants or falling asleep etc.

BMX Bandit
YouBet said:

, that's not how this works
agz win
AG
RIP Diana.
VitruvianAg
AG
Someone doesn't know the meaning of Queen Consort.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Royal family is mafia. Cancel culture will eventually kill them off for their colonialism roots.
Rockdoc
AG
Seeing Biden bumble out onto the balcony with them and falling over the railing would have been great. Wearing his aviators.
Old May Banker
AG
Rockdoc said:

Seeing Biden bumble out onto the balcony with them and falling over the railing would have been great. Wearing his aviators.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
torrid
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

torrid said:

The monarchy is inextricably linked with British identity. Abolishing it would put the last nail in the coffin of the British as a people.
They could have preserved that history and gone out on a high note. Now they will have to watch the institution continue its slow death.
RebelE Infantry
AG
torrid said:

RebelE Infantry said:

torrid said:

They could have preserved that history and gone out on a high note. Now they will have to watch the institution continue its slow death.

I don't think you understand. The monarchy is essential to that which makes the British people a nation. The monarch is the living symbol of that nation. Ending the monarchy would erase whatever is left of them.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
DrEvazanPhD
Bubblez said:

Or acknowledge that we fought a war to leave it?

Dumb post is dumb
YouBet
AG
VitruvianAg said:

Screw me for being American and not knowing! My wife informed me that William assumes the throne.

Hell if I know and I even watch The Crown.
YouBet
AG
Bubblez said:

I think you have jumped the shark as a poster at this point. Please find new sock name.
Bag
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

torrid said:

RebelE Infantry said:

torrid said:

I don't think you understand. The monarchy is essential to that which makes the British people a nation. The monarch is the living symbol of that nation. Ending the monarchy would erase whatever is left of them.
This. The brits, by and large, love the monarchy, perhaps they have different opinions on the individuals that make up the royal family, but the entity itself is deeply respected and, essentially, loved by the vast majority of the united kingdom, something so foreign to Americans that its really hard to understand
RebelE Infantry
AG
Bubblez said:

I'm about as strong of a monarchy respecter as you'll find on here, but come on man hahaha.
Tanya 93
bonfarr said:

My mom followed the Princess Di wedding like it was a fairy tale come true, I remember sitting in the living room with her while she watched it on tv. The last 4 decades since have revealed the royal family to be a collection of weird looking oddballs that live more ****ed up lives than most of us average joes. It's hard to believe the UK government still funds that family.

The Monarchy gives the government the revenue from all their property and in return the government gives them a portion of that.

The taxpayers are not funding the Monarchy
VitruvianAg
AG
YouBet said:

VitruvianAg said:

Screw me for being American and not knowing! My wife informed me that William assumes the throne.

Hell if I know and I even watch The Crown.
I learn something new everyday too!

You're a good bet otherwise!
Burdizzo
AG
jja79 said:

The media which preaches the evil of white privilege fawning over an inbred nitwit that people have to bow to.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.