The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare

5,076 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by maroon barchetta
javajaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This looks fun! Is this essentially the same story from SAS: Rogue Heroes? If not, how do they differ? Also, when do we get a S2 of Rogue Heroes? S1 of that was great!

EllisCoAg
AG
in
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
chilidogfood
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Christopher Lee was in this organization before turning to acting.
Tailgate88
AG
This looks like it's going to be awesome. And based on a true story? Even better.
TMoney2007
AG
EllisCoAg said:

in
Same. Looks like ridiculous, stupid fun.
Rex Racer
AG
Swarely
Where did you watch " SAS: Rogue Heroes"?
javajaws
AG
Swarely said:

Where did you watch " SAS: Rogue Heroes"?
It's been awhile but I think it was MGM+ off Amazon. Maybe somebody else can confirm where its currently available in the US.
drmwvr
AG
Looks fun. No way the movie eclipses that trailer but I'm in regardless hopefully to be proven wrong!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Superman and Jack Reacher kill some Nazis? Sure sign me up.
Scriffer
AG
I've been waiting for this for years.

Don't know if it was here or the History Board that recommended the book, but it's absolutely worth the read. The stunts they actually pulled defy belief.
Stive
AG
That looks like a lot of fun!
Carlo4
AG
hunter2012
AG
Scriffer said:

I've been waiting for this for years.

Don't know if it was here or the History Board that recommended the book, but it's absolutely worth the read. The stunts they actually pulled defy belief.
What's the title? There's several books by that name.
Scriffer
AG
I read "Churchill's Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare" by Giles Milton. Can't speak to others
hunter2012
AG
jokershady
AG
is that robin of loxley in the beginning???

edit: it is robin of loxley in the beginning!!!
LMCane
definitely has this type of vibe going for it.

but any movie that kills Nazis I am in..

fig96
AG
As I commented in the trailer thread, Guy Ritchie made a Guy Ritchie movie.

This should be a blast, Cavill definitely fits this vibe.
Sapper Redux
I want a sequel with Michael Fassbender's Magneto and this team hunting Nazis in South America.
Faustus
Alan Ritchson is so bulked it's almost distracting.

He and Cavill are going for a Reynolds/Jackman vibe, which seems a little forced.

'Reacher's Alan Ritchson & Henry Cavill Are an Odd Couple in New Set Video (collider.com)
Quote:

. . .
In an entirely serious, no way lighthearted clip, shared to Cavill's Instagram, the furious Cavill eviscerates his co-star, describing him dismissively as "terrible," "out of shape," "uncouth," and criticizes his lack of dedication as an actor, juxtaposed with Ritchson praising Cavill for his impressive leadership on the set.
. . .
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ministry-ungentlemanly-warfares-henry-cavill-235501704.html
Quote:

. . .
Henry Cavill: Shoutout to "Big AL" which is something I've never called him, but in the vacuum that is Instagram it feels appropriate. Here's to Big AL! . . .

Alan Ritchson: Oh wow. Very kind of you. ***Deleting my post where I share my honest hate for you and disparage you and all your ancestors.

Henry Cavill: I miss you, too.. . .

Rex Racer
AG
My wife and I have tickets for Friday night. Can't wait!
Rex Racer
AG
Good movie about Operation Postmaster. Loved the tribute to the real heroes at the end.
AgfromHOU
AG
Caught an early showing today. The movie was a lot of fun, and very Guy Ritchie (I'm a fan). Cavill was awesome and Eiza Gonzalez was a billion fire emojis.
FredMc92
It was a fun movie.

Hill Country Inglorious Basterds.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kinda funny seeing Hugo Stiglitz doing the inverse of his role in Basterds.
Stive
AG
Teenage daughter and I saw it today and loved it. Fun flick!
javajaws
AG
Saw it Friday night and thought it was pretty good, even if it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I thought it would be more about multiple missions and the group's evolution but it was mostly about just the one mission (even if was lengthy and multi-part to some extent). It was like the WWII version of a mission impossible movie.

But damn it really was fun - I think the kill count might have surpassed all the John Wick movies together! And that green dress was smoking hot!

I really hope they do a sequel with the same actors.
MASAXET
AG
Loved the book and the actual history is truly CRAZY but haven't seen the movie yet. I'm not one to get too hung up on staying historically accurate, but please tell me there's a mission report to superiors that reads only "Landed. Killed Germans. F*cked off."
AgTrip
Eiza Gonzalez was awesome in this. I think she's a little badass too besides being a smoke show!

Cromagnum
AG
Just saw it. Lots of fun. It genuinely felt Tarantinoish which is why I would say this was like a mash-up of Inglurious *******s, The Kings Man, and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
dreyOO
Just finished it with my wife at the movies. Fun movie. Even better that there was some truth to it.
JABQ04
AG
Any movie about killing Nazis and I'm in!
dreyOO
Agreed --

Interesting other side of that coin. We lived in Germany for a while, and I used to always wonder what it must feel like to see "another movie where we're the bad guys"....gotta be ****ty. I actually understood when the youngsters all had major guilt issues...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.