New Guitar Day

311,645 Views | 4229 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by G.I.Bro
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice! And I'm right there with you regarding me not being good enough for my collection.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Nice! And I'm right there with you regarding me not being good enough for my collection.

Same.
dave99ag
AG
Guilty!
maroon barchetta
Anderton's does a lot of NUX pedal reviews but I haven't watched them all. I will have to search to see if they reviewed this one.

Is this a good pedal? Anybody know?

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=210190
G.I.Bro
maroon barchetta said:

Anderton's does a lot of NUX pedal reviews but I haven't watched them all. I will have to search to see if they reviewed this one.

Is this a good pedal? Anybody know?

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=210190

I just ordered one so I'll let you know when it gets here. I've been meaning to get a looper pedal for awhile to work on my improvising, but I've put it off for one reason or another. I'm not a gigging musician so this seems good enough for me
maroon barchetta
That doesn't help me today with this deal.
G.I.Bro
Sucks to your assmar
maroon barchetta
G.I.Bro said:

Sucks to your assmar

WAT
G.I.Bro
Go read "lord of the flies", bro
maroon barchetta
G.I.Bro said:

Go read "lord of the flies", bro

Umm, you are the bro.

And I don't have time for that tonight.
DallasTeleAg
StoutAg
AG
Well, I went to a store and tried out a Fender American Ultra and it felt awesome. It happened to be the same store I bought my first guitar in when I was in HS. One of those guys there probably sold me that old Washburn. The guitar felt amazing and they said they'd give me a pretty good deal, including the setup.

Most likely I will be posting a picture of it soon. My wife probably doesn't thank you.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
StoutAg said:

Well, I went to a store and tried out a Fender American Ultra and it felt awesome. It happened to be the same store I bought my first guitar in when I was in HS. One of those guys there probably sold me that old Washburn. The guitar felt amazing and they said they'd give me a pretty good deal, including the setup.

Most likely I will be posting a picture of it soon. My wife probably doesn't thank you.

This is not the place to come to be discouraged from spending inordinate amounts of money on stringed instruments.
StoutAg
AG
Yeah. This can take my wife's angst at TexAgs to the next level!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Just point her to this thread and tell her at least you're not as bad as all these sickos.
maroon barchetta
Tell her it could be a garage full of classic car restoration stuff parts and projects.
Aston 91
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Tell her it could be a garage full of classic car restoration stuff parts and projects.
When he was still working, my dad's go-to quote was "At least I don't have a bass boat like the rest of the guys I work with." At this point he actually could've bought a decent bass boat with with the $$$ he's spent on guitars. And my mom might actually have learned to fish, but she's never going to learn to play guitar. :-)
StoutAg
AG
I went ahead and grabbed it today. Too bad I have to take my son to baseball, because I really want to plug it in. Also, the hard case it came with is awesome. The color is Texas Tea. I feel like it looks way better in person instead of in my dimly lit study.
maroon barchetta
So move it to better light.

I put my Sire in the shower to get photos in good light.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Beauty.

Also intrigued by the LP.
jvd2002
AG
A) I love it.....great color combo!
2) Does it play/feel any different from your other Strat?

Send more pics!
StoutAg
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Beauty.

Also intrigued by the LP.

The LP is a Leo Jaymz that was like $200 on Amazon. It is actually surprisingly good. I just had to do a little setup when I bought it and it plays nicely. I'm sure the electronics are not as good as a Gibson, but for my needs, it works. Some day I'll grab another LP. I kind of thought I'd go that way until I played the Strat.
StoutAg
AG
jvd2002 said:

A) I love it.....great color combo!
2) Does it play/feel any different from your other Strat?

Send more pics!

I actually like the way my other strat plays, I did a lot of work on the setup with leveling/polishing the frets, smoothing the fret ends. But the Fender has stainless steel and I can definitely tell the difference there. It isn't huge, but bends are so smooth on it. The electronics are a lot better on the Fender. And it has the S1 switch which is pretty cool. When I use the S1 on the bridge pickup, it sounds a lot like my tele.

I'll get some more pics in a little bit with some more light.
StoutAg
AG
Here's a picture with a little more light that brings out the brownish and metallic colors.
dave99ag
AG
How did the wife handle the new addition to the family?
StoutAg
AG
dave99ag said:

How did the wife handle the new addition to the family?
I'll let you know when she finds out.

She's watching TV with the kids. So she's probably wondering why I'm playing the same thing over and over again. I'm trying to compare the tones between the tele, old strat and the new one.
dave99ag
AG
I've been lusting after a birth year Telecaster and it's taking all my power for it to not show up while my family is out of town. Hoping my wife breaks down a bit for Father's Day.
jvd2002
AG
StoutAg said:

Here's a picture with a little more light that brings out the brownish and metallic colors.

DUDE!! That's a Night/Day difference with lighting....it POPS, I love it!!!!!
StoutAg
AG
dave99ag said:

I've been lusting after a birth year Telecaster and it's taking all my power for it to not show up while my family is out of town. Hoping my wife breaks down a bit for Father's Day.
I took the other guys' advice and went out and got something nice for myself. Like they said - you only live once!
G.I.Bro
Got the NUX loop core in but haven't played with it too much yet. I have some kind of reaction on my forearm that I'm keeping covered with various ointments and it is the part that rests on the guitar and I don't want to mess up the finish.

Just ordered a Red Monkey strap for my bday
First Page Refresh
Page 121 of 121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.