Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M WOMEN's TENNIS = 2024 NATTY CHAMPS

4,463 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Al Bula
AirlineAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TEXAS A&M WOMEN'S TENNIS = 2024 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

2013 runner up to Stanford, now in 2024 we are ON TOP!! HISTORY!!!!
Aggie Therapist
AG
2011- Women's Basketball National Champions
2022- Meat Judging National Champions
2024- Women's Tennis National Champions

Meanwhile in men's sports:

Hitler was still in power for our last Football National Championship.

Basketball: 0
Baseball: 0

Really makes you wonder where all the money goes…
one safe place
Congratulations to the Lady Aggies!
taylorswift13_
It goes to the sport where we're mediocre in, meanwhile we are last in the SEC in tennis facilities and one of the only in the conference and power 5 without an indoor tennis facilities, yet our ladies prosper! Meanwhile Jimbo needed everything and couldn't do crap
Fquin
AG
Jimbo's mediocre can't do anything teams paid for women's tennis and women's basketball and most other women's sports which generate absolutely no revenue to support themselves. So, stop beating the dead horse and just celebrate the greatness that is the women's tennis team.
tk for tu juan
There five national championships in a men's sport since 2009
Aggie Therapist
AG
Apparently 6!
Ginormus Ag
AG
HELL YESSSS!!!!! I WANT THE TSHIRT!!!!!
CrawlingNo5
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

It goes to the sport where we're mediocre in, meanwhile we are last in the SEC in tennis facilities and one of the only in the conference and power 5 without an indoor tennis facilities, yet our ladies prosper! Meanwhile Jimbo needed everything and couldn't do crap

Makes you wonder maybe you don't need the best and brightest of facilities to win a title.
Aggie Therapist
AG

Ginormus Ag
AG
Christmas / birthday / anniversary / Father's Day/ baby shower / Valentine's Day / Easter basket / Boxing Day / house warming gift shopping is done!
taylorswift13_
CrawlingNo5 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Makes you wonder maybe you don't need the best and brightest of facilities to win a title.
but it just really bothers me that our tennis program has been so great the past decade or so and yet we still have some of the worst tennis facilities of any power 5 team! When we host national tournaments, if weather is bad, we have to travel to Baylor to play the matches and many schools refuse to play us january to march due to us not having an indoor facility! I understand they still won everything, but they deserve more
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Hopefully not the only one this spring.
taylorswift13_
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Hopefully not the only one this spring.
women's golf is currently in first in their national championship! And men's track has a chance as well! Obviously baseball too!
A-A Ron
taylorswift13_ said:

CrawlingNo5 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

but it just really bothers me that our tennis program has been so great the past decade or so and yet we still have some of the worst tennis facilities of any power 5 team! When we host national tournaments, if weather is bad, we have to travel to Baylor to play the matches and many schools refuse to play us january to march due to us not having an indoor facility! I understand they still won everything, but they deserve more
I maybe miss remembering but isn't the City in conjunction with A&M building an indoor tennis facility (not on campus), I think I remember Ross B. saying something about it when he was still around.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I'll be in the stands this weekend for our softball team
cevans_40
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

I'll in the stands this weekend for our softball team
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Congratulations ladies on winning the 2024 NCAA women's tennis outdoor team title.
SteveA
AG
Quote:

No it doesn't. It's easy to see where the money is spent. Unfortunately, money isn't the answer to problems in our athletic department.
StinkyPinky
AG
Fantastic result! Finally got over the mountain known as Georgia. Well done ladies!
StinkyPinky
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Maybe we should become an all women's University?
Aggie Therapist
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

No it doesn't. It's easy to see where the money is spent. Unfortunately, money isn't the answer to problems in our athletic department.

There was a bit of sarcasm on my comment
bigfoot10s
AG
A-A Ron said:

taylorswift13_ said:

CrawlingNo5 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

I maybe miss remembering but isn't the City in conjunction with A&M building an indoor tennis facility (not on campus), I think I remember Ross B. saying something about it when he was still around.

Yes, sad that we have left the space behind the tennis center for an indoor facility, but we can't even build one ourselves, have to get the City of Bryan involved.

Worse part is that 1. they could have added 20 mil to the last Kyle field project and it would have been funded in 10 minutes, and 2. There has been money donated to the athletic dept in the last 10 years that was earmarked by the donor for tennis, yet it was given to other projects.

Hell, the Mitchell Tennis Center is an eyesore right now, but they just keep patching it up. Was built in 1998 and needs to be torn down and redone years ago.
AggieFox
Our facilities are not bad as I have been to many, including the upgraded facilities in Austin. An indoor tennis facility was in the planning stages around 20 years ago but never materialized. Of course the indoor collaboration with the City of Bryan is now moving. Compare that with tu's indoor facility that is a traffic-heavy 18 miles away from campus. I like our Tennis complex.
Aggie Therapist
AG
StinkyPinky said:

Aggie Therapist said:

I'm down! Imagine going from an all male military college in 1776 to an All Women's University in 2024
TAMU74
AG
Congratulations ladies on your national championship.
I'm continually amazed, pleasantly so, how well the women's sports have done.
And to think when I was at A&M there were no women sports at all.
Well done ladies. I can't tell you how proud I am of y'all.
StinkyPinky
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

StinkyPinky said:

Aggie Therapist said:

I'm down! Imagine going from an all male military college in 1776 to an All Women's University in 2024
Lol! Right? Quite the juxtaposition....
Viper16
AG
AirlineAg97 said:

Can any of them play linebacker?
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
greg.w.h
AG
Viper16 said:

AirlineAg97 said:

Can any of them play linebacker?
Can they use their rackets??? Then yes…
The Zookeeper
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

StinkyPinky said:

Aggie Therapist said:

History major?
Aston04
AG
Build them an indoor facility on-campus. It's a joke this has gotten done yet.

It's the one non major sports facility that could easily recoup the investment -- via membership/court fees paid by locals and other Aggie former students.. and still nothing...
Viper16
AG
The Zookeeper said:

Aggie Therapist said:

StinkyPinky said:

Aggie Therapist said:

History major?

Now, that there's funny!!
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
Aggie Therapist
AG

DOH!
one safe place
CrawlingNo5 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

And that great facilities doesn't mean you will win a title, or even your conference, or even the SEC West.
one safe place
Aston04 said:

Build them an indoor facility on-campus. It's a joke this has gotten done yet.

It's the one non major sports facility that could easily recoup the investment -- via membership/court fees paid by locals and other Aggie former students.. and still nothing...
Rumor is they are setting aside money to add a second DJ but maybe after that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.