Rule 1 - 1995 F250

1,424 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by El Chupacabra
Sublette County
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I decided we needed a "beater" vehicle to accompany her Bronco and my work truck. The work truck is a little too restrictive for a true second vehicle for our uses (wife not allowed to drive it, not allowed to tow outside of work, etc.)

Last weekend at a local estate sale I saw an OBS F250 diesel roll up. I went over to the old cowboy driving it and told him I liked his truck, and he said it was for sale. The wheels of fate could not be stopped at that point. Today we made the two hour drive from Pinedale to Moran to pick it up.

1995 F250 extended cab long bed 4x4, 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed manual transmission. ~200k miles. One owner truck, everything completely stock except the rear end has been swapped from 4.10 to 3.55. My amateur inspection of the engine suggests it's in good shape, no vibration after a cold start, no diesel smell in the coolant, and very little blow by. Body is in great shape with only a few scratches and dents, and it's been a Wyoming truck for its whole life so has very little rust. Taking it in to a mechanic next week for a final determination of whether it will become a money pit or not, but it sure felt solid on the drive back home.

Corps_Ag12
AG
Great truck, but if he swapped out the rear end and didn't update the front gear set to match, don't put it in 4x4 until you do.
Bob_Ag
AG
Sublette County said:

Wife and I decided we needed a "beater" vehicle to accompany her Bronco and my work truck. The work truck is a little too restrictive for a true second vehicle for our uses (wife not allowed to drive it, not allowed to tow outside of work, etc.)

Last weekend at a local estate sale I saw an OBS F250 diesel roll up. I went over to the old cowboy driving it and told him I liked his truck, and he said it was for sale. The wheels of fate could not be stopped at that point. Today we made the two hour drive from Pinedale to Moran to pick it up.

1995 F250 extended cab long bed 4x4, 7.3 powerstroke, 5 speed manual transmission. ~200k miles. One owner truck, everything completely stock except the rear end has been swapped from 4.10 to 3.55. My amateur inspection of the engine suggests it's in good shape, no vibration after a cold start, no diesel smell in the coolant, and very little blow by. Body is in great shape with only a few scratches and dents, and it's been a Wyoming truck for its whole life so has very little rust. Taking it in to a mechanic next week for a final determination of whether it will become a money pit or not, but it sure felt solid on the drive back home.

Wow, that's a beautiful truck.
Sublette County
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Great truck, but if he swapped out the rear end and didn't update the front gear set to match, don't put it in 4x4 until you do.

Thanks, I had that exact same concern…asked the guy and he confirmed 4x4 works, and that front diff was swapped at the same time.
cochrum
AG
Thats exactly what I want but a crew cab because I have 3 babies. Keep us updated on how it goes
Corps_Ag12
AG
Good news!
JB
AG
Nice rig!
El Chupacabra
That takes me back to high school and my home town. I think every farmer and rancher and their kids had that same truck. I don't think I saw a Chevy or Dodge or GMC until I left for college!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.