Model T value

2,381 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by TxSquarebody
allMondjoy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FIL passed recently. Left us a partially restored T but it has been in a barn. It was on his "to finish" list for 30 yrs. It last ran around the property 20+ yrs ago so yes it runs.
Paint not bad but seats all need upholstery.
We may sell because nobody in family wants it. Whats best path toward getting a value? I have pic but cant seem to post it on here.
JAW3336
AG
I would join one of the Model T groups on Facebook. There you can see what others are selling for and also get some advice.

Do you know the year and model?
drumboy
AG
We're gonna need some pictures of this, please.... And specs on the engine.
Picard
AG
JAW3336 said:

Do you know the year and model?

Model = T

agnerd
AG
Probably about $6-7k if you fix the upholstery. Nobody wants them because they're so hard to drive.
JAW3336
AG
Haha, lots of different variations

Coupe, roadster, truck, etc.
cryption
I may know a guy who wants to buy it if you go that route
TexAg1987
agnerd said:

Probably about $6-7k if you fix the upholstery. Nobody wants them because they're so hard to drive.
And they made about 5 million of them.

allMondjoy
I will gather info and pics and either post or give my contact . Its a open air coupe for sure. We would not fix up before selling.
Centerpole90
AG
Thank goodness I am project saturated at the moment. I e-friended a fella in Iowa who is a machinist/steam engine/stationary engine enthusiast and eventually bought a hit-and-miss engine he had for sale. While I was there he gave us an afternoon tour of Lenox, Iowa in his Model T and I caught the bug for a while, but the urge has just about passed. On top of that budget and garage space are tapped out.

For a gear-head/old soul who lives somewhere they can putt around picturesque FM roads at 45mph without putting their life in danger, a Model T would be a fun vehicle to have.

Dr. Nefario
Sounds like a good candidate for an LS swap.
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.” -Abraham Lincoln

“Veganism is like communism. They’re both fine… unless you like food.”
tk for tu juan
Think you mean Godzilla swap [/ford]
CanyonAg77
AG
Sorry, I think $5k is way optimistic. People want the cars they had as kids. No one alive had a T. Someone has to finish restoring it, then work 20 hours every year to get it ready drive in the one parade you'll be using it for. Then you have to store it.

They can be fun, but extremely limited use and the $:fun ratio isn't there
Burdizzo
AG
Can you get an HEI distributor for these things? I just bought one for a AMC six cylinder last year. Apparently you can get HEI for damn near anything these days.
CanyonAg77
AG
I doubt it. Model T ignition systems are not a conventional distributor setup. Some genius could probably figure out some sort of coil-on-plug setup with flywheel timing. Limited market, though
tree91
AG
I'll take it off your hands and won't charge you to haul it away. Deal?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
https://www.classic.com/m/ford/model-t/

Prices are all over the place. Condition will probably be the biggest differentiator.
TxSquarebody
CanyonAg77 said:

I doubt it. Model T ignition systems are not a conventional distributor setup. Some genius could probably figure out some sort of coil-on-plug setup with flywheel timing. Limited market, though

Already been done. Uses a VW distributor, converts to 12 volt, adds an alternator, gets rid of the buzz box. Texas T Parts sells a kit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.