FS: 2003 GMC Sierra 1500

650 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Ag03 CQE
Ag03 CQE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
*****Cross posted from the classifieds*****
*****Posting for a friend...*****

For sale is a 2003 GMC Sierra 1500, Extended Cab SLE, 4.8L V8. I am the only owner of this truck (clean title) and it was my daily driver for 20 years. It has 193,383 miles and 8,036 hours.

I've broken down everything I can think of below. I am very sad to sell it, but I haven't driven it regularly for a while now, and it's just taking up space. Most importantly, this truck runs great - the engine works very well and it drives like a champ. I believe it's got another 100k miles left in it at least. Cosmetically, it's a disaster. It's got a handful of major dents, some serious scratches, the paint is awful, and the headliner is falling down in places. This truck isn't going to win a beauty contest, but if you need a truck for doing work, and don't care how it looks, this is the one.

Looking for $4500 cash.

Contact info: magicalgreentruck@gmail.com

The Good:
* It runs amazingly well . . . engine runs as good as the day I bought it
* Drives smoothly
* Super comfortable
* Air conditioner blows cold air
* Tires are in great shape and relatively new
* Upgraded stereo with bluetooth and a backup camera
* Has the "DUHA" underneath the rear bench for organized storage
* The truck battery is pretty new

Maintenance and Repairs:
* Engine Knock Sensors were replaced about 8 years ago - these are common to go out on this model and they were replaced around 150,000 miles
* The belt tensioner and serpentine belt were replaced about 3 years ago
* The Alternator was replaced around 9 years ago
* The Starter was replaced early in this truck's life - probably around 30,000 miles
* Oil was changed regularly
* The tailgate handle was repaired - common issue on this model is for the tailgate handle to stop working - very easy fix, performed about 6 years ago
* Performed radiator flush, replacing hoses and thermostat - this was about 4 years ago, but see below for more info

Suggested Maintenance:
* The front brake pads could probably use replacing soon . . . rear drum brakes the same . . .
* The coolant system has some rust in it and while it all works fine, the radiator should probably be replaced eventually and the entire coolant system cleaned . . . however, the truck does not overheat or get hot at all, it's just something I know should be done because of the radiator flush performed earlier
* Related to that - the heater is finnicky on account of the issues above
* There are a couple bulbs that are out or lights with issues:
* The fog lights have water in them and don't currently work
* One of the reverse light bulbs needs replacing
* One of the lights for the rear license plate is missing
* Windshield has some small chips that could be easily repaired
* Needs new windshield wiper blades

The Bad:
* The car has many dents - some small, some large . . . none affect how the truck runs or functions - all were hit and runs while it was parked.
* Top coat is a mess on this truck (as is common with this mid-2000s GMs)
* Door Locks only work with remote - about 11 years ago the truck was broken into and the door locks were smashed in. I removed the door panels and took out the broken locks, adding spacers into the lock holes on the door. Locks still work but ONLY with the remote.
* The headliner is coming down in a number of sections. Have used tacks to help keep it up.
* Dashboard has some cracking along the top
* The compass and temperature sensor are flaky - sometimes they work, sometimes they just flash, sometimes nothing shows up
* The passenger side window won't roll down
* The driver side window is a bit finnicky
* One of the cigarette lighters is gone
* On the truck bed, there are these master locks on two of the stake pockets but the keys are long gone - they work really well for ratchet straps and could be removed with an angle grinder
* Recently the speakers have become a bit finnicky
* The center console lid was replace but the button broke, so you have to push down on the latch . . . works fine

Ag03 CQE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Should also add the truck is in Houston.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.