Full Size Truck for ~25K

1,720 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Diggity
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
apologies if this question has been asked before in some form.

Relative of mine in starting a new gig that requires a full size truck that is less than 6 years old.

Is getting a reliable truck like that for ~$25K going to be impossible? Most of the things I have seen during a quick search are white work trucks, which won't appeal to her.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
FightinTAC08
AG
best bang for your buck is probably watching the TexAgs Classifieds. other than that - I suspect it will be difficult. to get those requirements.

might find a Ram lone star trim or a Nissan Titan that could meet those criteria.
jh0400
AG
The challenge is that she's looking at a 2020 or 2021 with over 100K miles most likely, and with a 2020 she'll be in the market again in two years to meet the no more than six years old requirement.
Diggity
AG
yeah, I was curious about how strict they were on the six year thing.

I'm new to these kinds of requirements. Are they expecting your truck is never more than six years old? Guess that's a better question for her.
Complete Idiot
https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/pickup-truck.html
mefoghorn
AG
Yes, it's white. But otherwise this seems to be what she's looking for. I'm the seller.

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3459172
Diggity
AG
thanks...I think the 4x4 supercrew would be overkill for her though.

She's not happy about having to buy a full size in the first place
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Find a 2015-2018 V8 Tundra
Yesterday
AG
Kyle Field Shade Chaser said:

Find a 2015-2018 V8 Tundra

The truck needs to be less than 6 years old. So even a 2018 would be obsolete in 6 months.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Company auto allowance policy?
Yesterday
AG
Not much out there other than extended cans and single cabs. Found this one though.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicle/692978485?city=Splendora&endYear=2023&listingType=USED&makeCode=FORD&maxPrice=25000&minPrice=0&modelCode=F150PICKUP&newSearch=false&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fcars-between-0-and-25000%2Fford%2Ff150%2Fsplendora-tx%3FendYear%3D2023%26newSearch%3Dtrue%26searchRadius%3D500%26startYear%3D2021%26trimCode%3DF150PICKUP%257CXL%26trimCode%3DF150PICKUP%257CXLT&searchRadius=500&startYear=2021&state=TX&trimCode=F150PICKUP%7CXL&trimCode=F150PICKUP%7CXLT&clickType=listing
ttha_aggie_09
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Company auto allowance policy?
Thats exactly what this sounds like. I worked for a company with this policy because dudes were driving around 15 year old suburbans and pocketing $700/month on car allowance.

Some companies will actually have a bonus every 5-6 years to help with down payment. I've never been at one though.
AggieJames09
AG
I just got 20k trade in for a 6 year old 1/2 ton truck with 150k miles. Going to be tough finding one with these prices
Diggity
AG
Yeah, seems that way.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think we'll need to bump up her budget
Stringfellow Hawke
AG

Here are some options.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=77494&inventorySearchWidgetType=BODYSTYLE&bodyTypeGroup=bg5&maxPrice=50000&maxMileage=100000&sortDir=ASC&sourceContext=untrackedWithinSite_false_0&distance=50&sortType=BEST_MATCH#resultsPage=1
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Diggity said:

Yeah, seems that way.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think we'll need to bump up her budget

Sounds like my company. Fuel card and allowance but it has to be 5 years or newer, check certain boxes, and have certain insurance.
JSKolache
AG
If my job required me to buy a vehicle, they could F right off. That's some Obama stuff right there.
bam02
AG
My company just reimburses less if my vehicle is over 5 years old. Been driving my 2014 Tundra the whole time and didn't even consider trading it for something newer when my reimbursement went down.

They might look closer at the policy to see if it's similar. Would open up a lot more options if it is.
JamesPShelley
Diggity said:

apologies if this question has been asked before in some form.

Relative of mine in starting a new gig that requires a full size truck that is less than 6 years old.

Is getting a reliable truck like that for ~$25K going to be impossible? Most of the things I have seen during a quick search are white work trucks, which won't appeal to her.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reliable truck... full size... under $25K.

Under $25K? Tell her the truck identifies as black.

She's starting a gig (took the job), but she doesn't have the truck lined up? Sounds like someone's in a pickle. Sounds like someone is going to be driving a white truck.

Or, she can just remain at the same job currently she's at. Or she could paint the truck.

First world problems, lol.
Diggity
AG
stick to resumes clown
Ag03 CQE
AG
Both in budget, but might have to drive a bit depending on her location. Neither one is white.

2021 Titan SV crew cab 123k miles
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/372b0110-cf48-4449-a4d6-b7e0354521ce

2021 Titan S king cab 47.8k miles
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/0889ebe3-efd1-4d23-902c-b7d70039bc40

Diggity
AG
thanks all. I'm going to encourage her to revisit the budget.

she just accepted the job, so getting the truck will be the next step.

Seems a little silly that they give a car allowance that doesn't come close to covering the payment for the required vehicle. I'm sure they haven't adjusted that amount in years though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.