Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bulls & braindead tourists are outside....

5,327 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by tmaggies
pdc093
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is your beach towel REALLY worth it?

Stat Monitor Repairman
Memaw messed with the bull and got the horns.
maroon barchetta
jwoodmd
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

The Memaw messed with the bull and got the horns.
Yes she was dumb and not aware of the danger. It's amazing no one tried to help and others just kept filming.
NRH ag 10
AG
jwoodmd said:

Yes she was dumb and not aware of the danger. It's amazing no one tried to help and others just kept filming.
Would you risk your safety for someone in a totally avoidable situation of their own making, who was repeatedly warned?
13B
She almost got away with it. If she wouldn't have dropped the towel that last time.
ME92
AG
NRH ag 10 said:

jwoodmd said:

Would you risk your safety for someone in a totally avoidable situation of their own making, who was repeatedly warned?

Besides, getting involved would ruin everyone's facebook videos.
Cowman1
I'm sorry I laughed at that!
Apache
AG
Yes, but no need to risk your personal safety. It wouldn't have taken much to draw that little bull off. Throwing a hat or towel at it would have probably done the trick.
AgRyan04
An I really the only one wonder why the hell there is a bull on a beach?
Shoefly!
AG
Cowman1 said:

I'm sorry I laughed at that!

He was just trying to get his freak on. She assumed the position!
maroon barchetta
AgRyan04 said:

I wondered that.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Sorry, everyone. My emotional support bull got away while on a walk.
Cromagnum
AG
So many people standing around filming and doing jack **** to help.
maroon barchetta
Cromagnum said:

Because they know that bull can be unpredictable and do to them what it did to her.
jagsdad
Your kidding, right? There are vehicles sitting right there. No one has the cajones to jump in your truck and give a little help? I agree she's an idiot, but jeez.
96AustinAg
AG
She bought the ticket, she took the ride.
KR Training staff instructor - www.krtraining.com
CanyonAg77
AG
AgRyan04 said:

malenurse
AG
NRH ag 10 said:

jwoodmd said:

Ask a firefighter that question. Or a police officer. Or a Coast Guard rescue swimmer.
Unemployed
AG
malenurse said:

NRH ag 10 said:

jwoodmd said:

Ask a firefighter that question. Or a police officer. Or a Coast Guard rescue swimmer.
These people are trained professionals.
maroon barchetta
I would feel better if I had one of those rodeo clown barrels to use to distract the bull
jwoodmd
NRH ag 10 said:

jwoodmd said:

As someone who is a trauma surgeon and also raises cattle, yes, I would. Even if not those, any person with morals and a good samaritan would have at least tried to divert the bulls attention.
jwoodmd
malenurse said:

NRH ag 10 said:

jwoodmd said:

Or a rancher, or a member of the armed forces, or how about someone who isn't just a *****. The people on here willing to watch and film someone being gored to death when several people could have easily distracted the bull is just nauseating.
Serious Lee
peoples' ignorance towards nature, and animals in particular, never ceases to amaze me these days. ive got city people coming by all the time that want to pet my livestock, some bringing their dogs right up to the fence apparently without even a thought as to what that 100 lb dog inside the fence is there for.
Tecolote
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

AgRyan04 said:

Am I am a New Mexican and everything here is beyond unusual, things like asking that very reasonable question, just never cross my mind.
Apache
AG
Quote:

The people on here willing to watch and film someone being gored to death when several people could have easily distracted the bull is just nauseating.
Yep. A beach ball thrown at the bull would have given the person time to get away with little to no danger for the person helping. But I guess many on here have no experience around cattle.
NRH ag 10
AG
malenurse said:

NRH ag 10 said:

jwoodmd said:

K, I'll ask my past self from when I was a cop ....

Past NRH Ag 10, would you have tried to distract this bull?

Nah. I'm not a rodeo clown, and I'm not learning on the fly in sand on a beach during my vacation for an adult who did this to herself.

I've played hide and seek with real guns in South Dallas, I've run through traffic after people. Crawled over broken glass into an upside down car to help a woman get out after she wrecked. Stood on the shoulder of I20 working an accident, watching cars slide on the same patch of ice that caused the wreck as they barrel towards me at 70 (scariest thing I've ever done, week of the ice storm when the super bowl was in Dallas).

Sounds like some of y'all have experience working around cattle. Great, I bet none of these people did.
AgRyan04
Apache said:

Quote:

The people on here willing to watch and film someone being gored to death when several people could have easily distracted the bull is just nauseating.
Yep. A beach ball thrown at the bull would have given the person time to get away with little to no danger for the person helping. But I guess many on here have no experience around cattle.

I think you hit it on the head there.
CrossTimbersW
AG
Never mind the fact that people were screaming at her to get away from the bull long before he ever got after her. It was like watching someone play with a bomb even though everyone was telling her not to do it. Now the bomb is going off. Everyone knew the bomb would go off but she continued until it finally did. I've got tons of experience around cattle. If I saw that situation on the beach with as many warnings as she received, I am probably staying on the sidelines and watching this one. I will render aid when it is safe to do so but behind my keyboard, right now, I am definitely laughing too. That was not some out of nowhere random blindside attack by the bull. That was 100% preventable and provoked. There were a million options to avoid that outcome but she did not even listen to the people who were trying to help her avoid her own stupidity. Those same folks almost certainly helped her after the fact once it was safe to do so but damn, that was the stupidest thing I've ever seen. She's actually lucky she was on soft sand instead of hard pan. I would argue the people claiming they would've helped because they are experienced around cattle, aren't really experienced around cattle. Specifically pissed off bulls or wild cattle.
MouthBQ98
AG
Watching the video, some people in the background reacted to help about as fast as anyone reasonably could once things went bad. The goring only lasted a few seconds, then the bull got distracted by other people moving around it.
chris1515
AG
I'm surprised it wasn't worse. Much worse.

Back to an earlier point….whats this bull doing on the beach? Is it feral? I'm far more interested in that backstory than the fact that there are ignorant, lazy, and uncaring people in the world….there are tens of millions of those walking around, but bulls roaming on a beach, maybe 5 in the entire world? Maybe just this 1?
ATX_AG_08
AG
For those asking why a bull is on the beach.

There are cows that graze on the barrier islands in Texas. There are barb wire fences that run straight into the ocean to keep them inside the correct pasture.

I saw a bunch standing in the bay side behind mud island a month or so ago. Tried to take a cool photo but didn't come out well with the glare from the sun and deleted it.
Serious Lee
not uncommon. in louisiana they run brahman cattle all up and down the coastline. some cowboys herd them across the intercoastal to graze islands. cows will be standing in 3 feet of water eating saltgrass.
Old RV Ag
AG
CrossTimbersW said:

Never mind the fact that people were screaming at her to get away from the bull long before he ever got after her. It was like watching someone play with a bomb even though everyone was telling her not to do it. Now the bomb is going off. Everyone knew the bomb would go off but she continued until it finally did. I've got tons of experience around cattle. If I saw that situation on the beach with as many warnings as she received, I am probably staying on the sidelines and watching this one. I will render aid when it is safe to do so but behind my keyboard, right now, I am definitely laughing too. That was not some out of nowhere random blindside attack by the bull. That was 100% preventable and provoked. There were a million options to avoid that outcome but she did not even listen to the people who were trying to help her avoid her own stupidity. Those same folks almost certainly helped her after the fact once it was safe to do so but damn, that was the stupidest thing I've ever seen. She's actually lucky she was on soft sand instead of hard pan. I would argue the people claiming they would've helped because they are experienced around cattle, aren't really experienced around cattle. Specifically pissed off bulls or wild cattle.
Oh, yeah, the "I'm a real cowboy and you're not argument"

Aggie Class of 2026
maroon barchetta said:

Cromagnum said:

Because they know that bull can be unpredictable and do to them what it did to her.

You know how I can tell you have zero experience with cattle?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.