Good work on this, Josh. We’re excited, too.
Here is a mini-FAQ with some key points, and attempts to anticipate some likely questions:MOST IMPORTANT POINT:
You have to initiate verification through the TexAgs account page. It will not just happen automatically.MOST LIKELY SOURCE OF AG TAG VERIFICATION FAILURE IS...
Your email address on your TexAgs account does not match your email address on your AggieNetwork.com account. They have to match exactly.MOST LIKELY REASONS YOUR DONOR TAG DOES NOT APPEAR IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOUR DONATION ARE...
1. You have not gone back to the TexAgs account page and re-verified.
2. You weren't logged into AggieNetwork.com at the time you made the donation. If that happens, you have to wait while we manually link your donation to your account. Email us at Web@AggieNetwork.com or PM me and we'll try to speed that up. Please include name and class year.
3. You made a gift for 2013 instead of 2012. A 2012 gift starts now and expires one year from now. A 2013 gift starts 1/1/13 and expires 12/31/13. If you did a 2013 gift and want it changed to 2012, PM me or email Web@AggieNetwork.com. Please include name and class year.
4. Are you a joint donor with your spouse? We may have to manually intervene to make sure the gift is credited to both people. If you think that may be the problem, PM me or email Web@AggieNetwork.com. Please include name and class year.
• The Ag Tag and the Association Donor Tag (the ring badge) are two different things with a single verification process. Only current and former students can get the Ag Tag, which gets you access to selected forums on TexAgs. Only our donors can get the Association Donor Tag (the ring badge), which is just bling.
The Donor Tag shows your support of A&M and The Association but does not get you any special access on TexAgs.
• You do not have to be a donor to get an Ag Tag.
• The verification process is not automatic; you must initiate the process
via the link on your TexAgs account page
• If your first attempt at verification fails, and you fix the problem (update your email address, make a donation or whatever) you then have to initiate verification again (just visit the TexAgs account page and it will attempt to re-verify). It's not automatic.
DONOR TAG INFO
• You do not have to be a current or former student to get a Donor Tag (ring badge).
• Making a donation won’t get you an Ag Tag unless you are also a current or former student.
• The minimum donation for an Association Donor Tag is $50 a year. You can spread your donation over multiple small payments; just use the “recurring donation” option on the donation page.
• You must have donated within the past year to be considered an active donor.
• Donations ($50+) to an Aggie Ring Scholarship or a Memorial Scholarship qualify, in addition to donations to the Annual Fund.
• Easiest way to check your donor status
is to go to AggieNetwork.com
, log in, then click on your name at top center. On the next page, your donor status will appear at top right. If you are a current donor, it will say something like, “Your active status will expire on Apr 03, 2013.”
• If you are logged into your AggieNetwork.com account when you make a donation, your donor status is updated immediately. If you aren't logged in, the donation has to go through gift processing to get matched to your AggieNetwork.com account, so it will be a day or so before your donor status is updated (possibly more, depending on how many instances of this there are). Email us at Web@AggieNetwork.com or PM me and we'll try to speed that up. Please include name and class year.
at tx.ag/texagsfaq includes links to:Donate
.Create an AggieNetwork.com account
if you have never done so.Reset your AggieNetwork.com password
if you’ve forgotten it.Submit a biographical data form
if you are not in our database but should be.
If the verification process (either for an Ag Tag or Donor Tag or both) is not working for you, please read the FAQ on our site
at tx.ag/texagsfaq. If you continue to have trouble verifying or have further questions, please DM me (Scot) on TexAgs or email our webmaster, Mike Smith, at Web@AggieNetwork.com. Please include name and class year.
Scot Walker '90 | Director of Communications
The Association of Former Students | Texas A&M University
[This message has been edited by The Association (edited 12/11/2012 2:01p).]