Low bandwidth mode (return to normal)
Video trouble? Try our alternate mode.
Notes from Steve Hogan interview* Being part of a team who selects teams for a bowl is intense because so many different relationships come into play. Not everyone is always pulling the same way, and the key is to find balance that will satisfy the most people while keeping the interest of the student-athlete in mind.
* They have had a lot of discussion about which teams to choose. Right now, they are waiting on the Big 10 to finish playing before they are able to have the clearest picture about the teams who will play on New Year’s Day. Whoever loses the SEC Championship game deserves a solid look as does A&M.
* When selecting a team, they try their best to look at what each team did over the course of the entire season. They try to be fair to every team and give them the look they deserve based on their performance in the regular season.
* A&M would be an exciting team to host. They are blessed every year because they get to pick from the SEC. A&M brings a lot to the table this year with being new to the conference and bringing a passionate fanbase wherever they play. They would be proud and honored to host A&M if the chips fall that way when all is said and done.
* When it comes down to the final vote, things can get pretty heated in the boardroom. Everyone is trying to make the right decision that makes the most people happy. All of the top teams in the SEC could make a case to play in the bowl.
* There is no doubt in their minds that A&M would bring a large group to Orlando. He also thinks that the A&M team would have fun and that would bring even more energy and excitement to the bowl festivities.
* They really can’t go wrong with any team they might pick, and that’s one of the great things about the SEC.