Low bandwidth mode (return to normal)
Video trouble? Try our alternate mode.
photo: Andrew Kilzer, TexAgs
Notes from Dat Nguyen interivew* It has been an unbelievable year for the Texas A&M football program. Credit is due to Kevin Sumlin and his staff. The team has worked extremely hard to overcome the perception that the Aggies would struggle in the SEC.
* Johnny Manziel is a very unique, high-caliber football player.
* There are a lot of factors playing into the Heisman race this season other than the freshman bias. The bigger picture is that Notre Dame’s national market visibility can potentially hurt Manziel’s campaign. Notre Dame has a strong, unique brand. Manti Te’o is a good football player and has a great story.
* Not only should the best player win, but also the player who elevates all those around him should take home the Heisman trophy. That person is Manziel.
* Collin Cowherd believes that Texas A&M is the best team in the country. There is no team that is feared more than the Aggies right now.
* During his time at A&M, the game was changing. Quarterbacks were starting to run more. The hardest time to defend a quarterback like Manziel is on third down and in the red zone. Teams have to defend Manziel as an entire defensive unit because he is extremely fast.
* If he had a Heisman vote, he would vote for Johnny hands down.
* Manziel has an unbelievable work ethic. He truly is about the team, not himself. He sees the big picture of college football.
* During his redshirt year under Mike Sherman, Manziel always ranked at the top of the team in work ethic during practice circuits.