photo: 12th MKOT Foundation
Notes from Jackie Sherrill Q&A
* He believes that this year’s game not being scheduled on
Thanksgiving Day will be a one year occurrence. Taking a look at the 2013
schedule, the A&M vs. LSU game will be highly anticipated and will pull
more viewership than the Texas-TCU matchup.
* Coach Sherrill will be speaking at the Student Bonfire
Friday night at 8:00 pm. The bonfire represents the legacy and bonding between Aggies and
Texas A&M University.
* Dating back to the season opener against Florida, Johnny has been consistent in all of his performances in 2012. His numbers speak for themselves in the Heisman
race. The problem is that some voters will probably not vote for a freshman. There is no question that Johnny
deserves to be in New York for the Heisman ceremony and should be highly
considered to win.
* If Johnny wins the Heisman, it would be outstanding for
the program. It has been a long time since John David Crow won the trophy. This
season already has done a lot for Texas A&M nationally. People outside of the Aggie
perimeter do not truly understand how amazing the accomplishments of this team
* Texas A&M vs. Missouri needs to be looked at as a one
game elimination. There is many reasons why the Aggies need to play well on Saturday. A win
over the Tigers will get the team to a 10-win season, which is a highly
effective recruiting tool. A win, coupled with possible key losses for other ranked teams, there is the potentiality for A&M to jump a few spots in the BCS poll and get to
a BCS Bowl.
* Looking at the bowl game scenarios, many things need to
fall in place in order to get to a BCS bowl. The possibilities outside of a BCS
bid include The Capitol One Bowl and The Cotton Bowl.
* Notre Dame’s move to the ACC has really disrupted the national scene. Expansion in the SEC will happen sooner than later. With
14 teams in the SEC, there is a possibility of 10 teams being bowl eligible.
Other conferences are trying to stop that from happening and are now expanding.