Baron Browning

10,120 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ag_eet
FrontPorchAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So what's the story? This 5 star OLB is down between Texas and Baylor? We talking F 350s or what?
Bone6
The only argument I could ever see is longevity of career.
CasualObserver44
AG
coastsrs said:

Why anyone would want to go acting like they are playing D in that **** conference is beyond me.

Kid is an idiot if that is his two preferences. Or they are offering more money than us.
You sound like an *******. You're a grown ass adult talking **** about a 17 year old kid who likes a different school than you do.

Maybe he just likes them? Maybe he's developed a relationship with the coaching staff? Maybe he's looking for early playing time and thinks he can beat out whoever is there?

You're probably getting bent out of shape anyway with the Baylor and Texas talk considering his visits are to Ohio State, UCLA, Florida State, Alabama, and Michigan. Is he still an idiot if he picks one of them?
Meximan
(shrug)

I'd rather have a Louisiana or Georgia linebacker.
SEC Champs
AG
CasualObserver44 said:

coastsrs said:

Why anyone would want to go acting like they are playing D in that **** conference is beyond me.

Kid is an idiot if that is his two preferences. Or they are offering more money than us.
You sound like an *******. You're a grown ass adult talking **** about a 17 year old kid who likes a different school than you do.

Maybe he just likes them? Maybe he's developed a relationship with the coaching staff? Maybe he's looking for early playing time and thinks he can beat out whoever is there?

You're probably getting bent out of shape anyway with the Baylor and Texas talk considering his visits are to Ohio State, UCLA, Florida State, Alabama, and Michigan. Is he still an idiot if he picks one of them?

+1
Punked Shank
AG
CasualObserver44 said:

coastsrs said:

Not nearly as bent out of shape as your reply.

And no he wold be smart to choose one of those schools. They are not in the big 12 so..
maxnow21
CasualObserver44 said:

coastsrs said:

Yes he's an idiot if he picks UCLA. He'd start or at the very least be in the 2-deep for us next year, especially since we're losing our 2 best LBs in Washington, George.(lol) so the early playing time factor would be a huge reason to pick us, & I'd be concerned about his confidence level if he didn't think he could beat out the returning guys from this year to be honest..
SEC Champs
AG
Dodson, Alaka, and Moore will be very good for us next year.
MarriedInAggie
Wede01 said:

Hines, Marchiol, Johnson, (potentially of course) are some Dudes too. Browning would be a big bonus.
I think I'm more concerned about DE at this point.
FrontPorchAg
Looks like we are going the Juco route there. Which is just buying time.
CasualObserver44
AG
maxnow21 said:

CasualObserver44 said:

coastsrs said:

Yes he's an idiot if he picks UCLA. He'd start or at the very least be in the 2-deep for us next year, especially since we're losing our 2 best LBs in Washington, George.(lol) so the early playing time factor would be a huge reason to pick us, & I'd be concerned about his confidence level if he didn't think he could beat out the returning guys from this year to be honest..
We've never even been in consideration for Browning, so this is completely irrelevant. We weren't in his top 10 in April, nor were we in his top 6 yesterday.
CasualObserver44
AG
coastsrs said:

CasualObserver44 said:

coastsrs said:

And no he wold be smart to choose one of those schools. They are not in the big 12 so..
You got called out. Just own up to it.

Neither Baylor or Texas made the top 6 for Browning yesterday.
technoviking
AG
CasualObserver44 said:

coastsrs said:

CasualObserver44 said:

coastsrs said:

You got called out. Just own up to it.

Neither Baylor or Texas made the top 6 for Browning yesterday.

You do realize those posts were made almost a month ago, right? He may have gotten called out, but he didn't "just" get called out.

And it looks like mr. Browning will be going to Alabama. He ought to be terrorizing our O as the next man-child Alabama LB in about 3 years. :/
Punked Shank
AG
Lmao what am I getting called out about?

I said he "would" be an idiot if he chose a b12 school. My implication was his talents would be wasted in that league bc he would have no support and his talents would be downplayed bc he "would" be playing next to poop d talent.

However, he chose Alabama proving he is a smart and bright individual that will be eating our lunch whenever his number is called at the Alabama machine that will continue to kick our ass every year until we have another once in a generation QB.
TMartin
Been reading about Browning all year and he has never shown an interest in A&M but then again A&M seems to always be behind the 8 ball with 5 stars. I'd rather have Hines at this point.
sharpdressedman
If he wants to play for championships, Aggieland was not on the table, given the recent history of late-season swoons.
TxAg76
AG
sharpdressedman said:

If he wants to play for championships, Aggieland was not on the table, given the recent history of late-season swoons.

But t.u. was?? Or did I have old info
Citizen Reign
Wede01 said:

sure they will
Citizen Reign
Quote:

You do realize that A&M had a better year than both Baylor and the Horns, Right?

Your trolling is easier to spot than your ability to make accurate post.
Stevetex.
Browning was going to choose Alabama Tuesday. The only thing that has changed up to this point is Herman going to Texas.

Did he hit the pause button to give Texas another look?

Absolutely.
TyHolden
AG
Sumlin had a sleepover at brownings house last night - s'mores and all.
TMF
AG
Sumlin is too stuck-up to pander to 17 year olds. He won't put in the time or effort. He still thinks he is riding the Johnny high.
rcannaday
AG
Too busy watching NBA games while other coaches are visiting his key recruits.
fireinthehole
Wede01 said:

LB play sucked overall this year. Alaka plays very soft. He gets run thru and over a lot. Never been the same since his first shoulder injury. And he's late getting there a lot
technoviking
AG
Stevetex. said:

Browning was going to choose Alabama Tuesday. The only thing that has changed up to this point is Herman going to Texas.

Did he hit the pause button to give Texas another look?

Absolutely.

He must've got up to get a snack rather than take the phone call from Tommy boy during the pause.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Buckeyes-get-big-addition-for-2017-as-Browning-commits-49435743
TMartin
Too many LBs playing out of their natural position or still learning to play LB and Moore is not a SEC run stopper although you have to like his hustle. No depth behind Dodson. A&M has two starting LBs leaving this year so if Sumlin is going to recruit some LB talent now is the time.
CPAg79
Don't understand kids from the state of Texas going to play out of state.
technoviking
AG
CPAg79 said:

I understand wanting to go out on an adventure away from home.

Ultimately though, they get homesick once they realize they've left everything they knew and the promises they were given aren't there for them out of state. If they don't fit in to the new environment for whatever reason they begin to pine for where they did fit in.
Bone6
CPAg79 said:

While I don't like it, I can't blame the kids in the slightest. Until a Texas school proved they're a destination that can compete for conference and national championships, kids have to look elsewhere to compete on the highest stage.
ag_eet
AG
What these kids don't realize is that many of these will not have another chance to select where they live after college. They will be drafted to who-knows-where and not have those decisions available to them. Their college years are the last opportunity to support your community and state that has given so much to make them successful. There are many opportunities to play for in-state programs that all have the potential to prepare them for NFL and even college national championship if they just stay in state. Leaving the state is a self-fulfilling prophecy for lack of success if they do not stay in state.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.