Amaud Willis-Dalton

4,429 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LatinAggie1997
Doc Daneeka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S/LB hybrid...
This guy ran a 4.39 40 at a TCU camp...
Super aggressive...
This guy would make an awesome nickelback...
6'1" 200 but could easily add 10-20 lbs...
Has returned punts and kickoffs for TDs...

This Guy is a MUST!!!

Check out his tape...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3795534
maxnow21
I have to admit I think he would be pretty damn good playing D Wilsons position or OLB after 3 or so years in the S&C when he puts on some muscle. He's got the speed and instincts and I really like his nastiness. The question is if he's big enough to hold up in the SEC. Also I just don't know if he'll be offered unless we whiff on literally all of our top LB targets (Hines, Jones, Phillips tier 1, D Johnson, R Johnson tier 2) We already have our guy for the nickel position although I think AWD is better suited for nickel than anyone we have right now. Having said that I think he's going to be a good one where ever he ends up!
maxnow21
Excellent against the run. He's a take as a nickel IMO if he is at least decent against the pass.Need to see him in coverage.. seems like he is a purely blitzing OLB for his team.
Bone6
He certainly looked impressive to me when I watched his film.

Having said that, kids with his build sometimes end up being not quite big enough to be an SEC caliber LB (even after adding weight to his 6' frame) while not being quite fast/agile enough to play DB. I have no idea though and again the film looked impressive to me. I'm just playing devil's advocate for why Chavis might be going after other targets.
FrontPorchAg
4.39 isn't fast enough?
Meximan
6'1", 200 is good for a DB. That's NFL sized. If he has the frame to add more, great; 220 DBs in the pros are kind of rare and usually play safety (typically strong side).

4.39, if legit, is blinding fast for the pros. Most DBs are in the 4.5 range, most safeties are about 4.6. The athletes running sub-4.3 play receiver or are elite cover corners. Most NFL DBs, even the elite cover guys, never crack 4.45 on their best day.

Straight-line speed is usually fool's gold, though; what matters is lateral agility, hands, quickness, hip fluidity, and instincts, letting tackling alone.

He's listed as a linebacker, though. If he insists on playing linebacker, that size is too small for the SEC. If he could get up to 230, great, but he really needs a redshirt year to do it. Ideal SEC size, to match up with Alabama and Auburn, is 250 to 270, and those guys hopefully can run at least a 4.6. The numbers are insane, but you have to literally build like an NFL team if you want to even be competitive with Alabama. At linebacker, this guy is way too small for the SEC. At safety? Perfect size.
knoxtom
Yeah Meximan, why don't we just recruit 250-270 lb linebackers who run 4.6 40's. How difficult is that?

You do realize that including the NFL there are about 50 humans on the planet with that combo.
LatinAggie1997
AG
I like him, he's a good kid and student.
He likes A&M. He's probably the fastest kid in the school, great top end speed.
Good talent at CR - RJ Sneed, Colten Blanton, Keric W, Samir M, EJ Thompson.
MWT
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.