Is Marvin Wilson even talking to us?

6,592 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MassAggie97
Bone6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He seems like he's the prize out of our state this year.

I know he was a long shot a month ago, but has our top 10 momentum on the field allowed our staff to get in his ear or are there more fundamental reasons why he doesn't view himself as a fit for a&m?
TMartin
Websites say he plans to visit A&M.
Bone6
quote:
Websites say he plans to visit A&M.
Good deal, at this point in the recruiting cycle that's all you can hope for.
whatthehey78
AG
Actually, I WOULD hope he commits to us tomorrow and sticks with us to the pt. of signing his LOI.
FrontPorchAg
Everyone was on the tu bandwagon early but have to wonder.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
Everyone was on the tu bandwagon early but have to wonder.

Well, let's see. You have the Chobbit reshuffling the deck on his defensive staff three games into the season because they're so bad. And you have Chavis heading up a strong defense that had a glorious goal line stand against pig.

Which would you choose?

Oh, that's right, the F-250.
MaxPower
tu's defense has been bad the entire chobbit era. The bottom line is a big portion of the Texas blue chip population want to go to tu. In most instances I would guess it is either because momma said do or they want to hit 6th street 5 nights a week. For those kids, there's simply nothing that can be done. I'm not saying Wilson is in this bucket, just that I've stopped scratching my head as to why recruits go there year after year. In some cases, it helps us because it weeds out some of the guys who lack football character and just want yo leverage their athletic assets to party. How many 4 and 5* have they gotten the last 4 or 5 years, specifically on defense, just to wind up getting 50 dropped on them by baylor, purple baylor or red rash baylor?
TMartin
Playing for Chavis and lining up against Bama and SEC West is where Marvin belongs.....the Big Stage.
Bone6
quote:
The bottom line is a big portion of the Texas blue chip population want to go to tu. In most instances I would guess it is either because momma said do or they want to hit 6th street 5 nights a week.

A) The other glaring issue is the fact that t.u. was competing for national titles during the early part of some of these recruits formative years while we were still basically a laughing stock. That goes a long ways despite the fact the tables have turned. Thankfully it's diminishing and the effect will be 100% gone in a couple years.

B) Look, I'm glad I was in College Station rather than Austin, but there is more to t.u. being a cultural fit than simply wanting to get drunk on 6th street. For a kid who grew up in the urban part of large a city like Dallas or Houston, a small town like College Station can be a huge culture shock and they might feel a lot more comfortable in Austin.
TMartin
If mothers tell their sons to go to tu it's because the envelope full of non sequential currency already showed up or McCombs gave them a car. Kids now want to play for winners.
BombayAg
tu lock
BombayAg
quote:
quote:
The bottom line is a big portion of the Texas blue chip population want to go to tu. In most instances I would guess it is either because momma said do or they want to hit 6th street 5 nights a week.

A) The other glaring issue is the fact that t.u. was competing for national titles during the early part of some of these recruits formative years while we were still basically a laughing stock. That goes a long ways despite the fact the tables have turned. Thankfully it's diminishing and the effect will be 100% gone in a couple years.

B) Look, I'm glad I was in College Station rather than Austin, but there is more to t.u. being a cultural fit than simply wanting to get drunk on 6th street. For a kid who grew up in the urban part of large a city like Dallas or Houston, a small town like College Station can be a huge culture shock and they might feel a lot more comfortable in Austin.

I think kids just want to go to a play with a hotshot coach and school which will help them get into the NFL.

We did quite well during the JFF years.
AustinEricAg
AG
#'s is reporting that all the people around him want him in Austin. He'll be a horn.
Bone6
quote:
I think kids just want to go to a play with a hotshot coach and school which will help them get into the NFL.

We did quite well during the JFF years.

Absolutely

If we're winning Heismans and in the top 10 the rest of this stuff is just splitting hairs. Hell, Nebraska convinced many kids from California and the South East to come to the great plains during their 90's run. To that end, if we finish where we're ranked now or better then all of this other stuff on this thread won't matter.

However, if we end up as a solid top 25 team yet not a top 10 team this year then several of the better 4 star + kids will end up being a coin flip between us and t.u.
Maroon Flash
AG
After watching our D repeatedly stonewall Arky, if I were a young player, I would give my left testicle to play for Chief.
technoviking
AG
quote:
After watching our D repeatedly stonewall Arky, if I were a young player, I would give my left testicle to play for Chief.

Even if he offered you without that stipulation of mutilation?
dixichkn
AG
Sounds like the worm might be slowly turning here. Liking our chances a little better?
MassAggie97
AG
Quote:

"The atmosphere was amazing," Wilson told 247Sports. "I got to hang out with the guys, watch the game, the defense played amazing, Trevor Knight came in and made plays, it was a great environment.

"(The 6-0 start) it's been impacting me real big," Wilson added. Coming back from last season to go 6-0, they're making a statement. Coach Sumlin mentioned to me even though we're 6-0 you're still someone we really want, we love you and want you here."
link
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.