OL recruiting

3,543 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggiedent
technoviking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wanted point out that for 2018 jim turner has us in the lead for the top OL recruits in the state:

Darrell Simpson

Barton Clement

Colten Blanton

As well as Luke Matthews, but he would have come here if bugs bunny was our OL coach I'm pretty sure.

for 2017 we're in the running for Austin Jackson and now Cesar Ruiz.

I felt this was important to point out because having a strong OL is the key to winning no matter what league or conference you play in. remember all the time johnny had in the pocket in 2012?

Paired up with a Chief-run defense, this team could be poised for big things in the future.
Bone6
quote:
I felt this was important to point out because having a strong OL is the key to winning no matter what league or conference you play in. remember all the time johnny had in the pocket in 2012?
This, this, this

Vinny
Darrell Simpson OT

6'7" 330 lbs

Good Lord! That's one big kid.
TMartin
Didn't take Turner long to get this Aggie O-line improving.
citizenkane06
Our-turn-to-rule
TXM Pride
I hate when people reference "remember how much time Johnny had in the pocket"... A lot of the time that's because the defense would mush rush to keep him there as opposed to scrambling. It's really easy to block a guy who isn't trying to get past you.
technoviking
AG
quote:
I hate when people reference "remember how much time Johnny had in the pocket"... A lot of the time that's because the defense would mush rush to keep him there as opposed to scrambling. It's really easy to block a guy who isn't trying to get past you.

You wouldn't agree that the 4 first rounders that were blocking for him helped though?
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
How many Matthews' are there? My goodness they keep coming, and it is glorious.
aggiedent
AG
quote:

Disagree. Teams might have tried to keep containment, but nobody ever soft rushed us. Intentionally giving JFF time, with the wide receivers we had, would have been stupid.

I remember in the OU Cotton Bowl game, a play where OU rushed 4 lineman and blitzed a backer, only to have the blitz picked up. As hard as the players were trying to get to JFF, the O-line was not giving an inch. It was like 5 seconds went by before JFF threw the football for a 30 yard completion. If you remember, it was the play where one of the announcers said, "those guys look like pros."

Yeah. They did.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.