Jarrett Stidham?

23,359 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgsForTheWin
Sizzleboom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I noticed that Mond isn't on the commit list anymore. Is that because he enrolled early or did he decommit?
cevans_40
AG
Sizzleboom said:

I noticed that Mond isn't on the commit list anymore. Is that because he enrolled early or did he decommit?

What? Where are you seeing this. He's still on 247 and here
rcannaday
AG
He is still there, rook needs to look farther down the list. Based on trend, were not getting Stidham, were 100% behind Mond.
Class of 65
AG
Sumlin refused to broach the subject with the in home visit today at Kevin.
ie Sumlin does not want Stidham for fear of losing Mond. Several of Monds games were on TV. He can run but passes like Matt Davis.
MaxPower
Huh? Sumlin wouldn't broach the subject but it's because he is focused on mond? If that were the case wouldn't he tell mond directly he is not going after Stidham?
TXM Pride
Mond was committed to Baylor with Stidham there. He's obviously not scared of competition. Plus with a RS year there is some separation between the two. Our coaching staff may as well pack up their **** and start moving out now if they don't land Stidham because there won't be a QB on our roster that wins us more than 7 games next year.
AgsForTheWin
AG
Everything I've read seems like Stidham is ours for the taking....but that we aren't really pursuing anymore... Not sure if this has to do with limited scholarships spots available in this class or the Mond situation. Anyone here have 247 VIP access? There are a lot of discussions on there.
Artorias
AG
AgsForTheWin said:

Everything I've read seems like Stidham is ours for the taking....but that we aren't really pursuing anymore... Not sure if this has to do with limited scholarships spots available in this class or the Mond situation. Anyone here have 247 VIP access? There are a lot of discussions on there.
If this is true, and we don't pursue Stidham, our coaches are truly ******ed.
AgsForTheWin
AG
New CB to Auburn
OilFieldIRI
S
I laugh at some of these posts...

"He's a good quarterback, and I have a good relationship with him," Mond said of Stidham. "If he came [to Texas A&M], it would add more depth at the QB position for A&M. It wouldn't change my commitment, though. I committed to Baylor when he was there, so shying away from competition isn't something I would do."
AgsForTheWin
AG
I'm not saying the Mond situation stems from Kellen Mond being worried about Stidham. There are plenty of other people on the other side that may be worried about such a situation. Looking back at our recent history, it seems very reasonable that staff could be worried about another QB controversy problem both on and off the field.

Really just trying to figure out any reason why staff has supposedly stopped recruiting Stidham as much. It's obviously not because of lack of talent.
OilFieldIRI
S
Maybe stidham wants Briles jr. to tag along??
AgsForTheWin
AG
Maybe so. Maybe the rumblings about Briles to Auburn are true. And it seems really unlikely (and for good reason) that we would try to hire him
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.