Jarrett Stidham?

23,354 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgsForTheWin
AgsForTheWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If he were transferring to a school (or even playing JUCO)...shouldn't we be hearing about this right about now? Anyone know what is going on?
Dread Pirate Roberts
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/baylorbears/2016/07/07/report-barring-change-heart-qb-jarrett-stidham-expected-transfer-baylor

quote:
Sophomore quarterback Jarrett Stidham announced Thursday he will transfer from the Big 12 school. The former four-star recruit made the decision public on his Twitter account.

quote:
Stidham intends to enroll at Waco's McLennan Community College, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. McLennan does not have a football team, but the move allows him to keep three years of eligibility.
Bone6
Why not go to a JUCO school with a football program. This seems odd.
ag_hoop
Matsui
AG
Bc he has a trainer in Waco that he likes and uses.
Bullet Tooth Tony
quote:
Why not go to a JUCO school with a football program. This seems odd.
What would he gain by that? He doesn't want to play at a JuCo and lose another year of eligibility. A JuCo that plays football would not give him a scholarship if he wasn't going to play there. He went to Baylor early, so he probably is really close to having enough credits to graduate from MCC. He can graduate this December, transfer to D1 school for the spring semester, go through spring drills, and compete for the starting qb in 2017.
cevans_40
AG
He doesn't even have to graduate from MCC, just have a passing GPA
AgsForTheWin
AG
Oh, I see. Interesting move
ag2003
AG
He's basically doing what Kenny Trill did
TD95
AG
Texags sometimes rocks. I was just wondering about this situation, and BOOM- question answered.
knoxtom
Stidham would be so perfect here for two years while waiting for Mond to learn to throw. I am assuming he will be eligible for Fall 2017 ball and have two years of eligibility left.

If Stidham goes elsewhere, I am not really excited about anyone who we would have step into the spot. Hubenak does nothing for me, Mond won't be anywhere near ready.

The path Stidham has taken makes me think he is coming here or Texas and Texas will be a long shot now that Buechele is stepping up. I am 100% sure Baylor told him no Big12 transfer and no A&M transfer. By going to the JC, he is basically telling them to F off. Had he wanted to go elsewhere, he would have already gone. The JC route opens up transferring anywhere he wants.
TD95
AG
The path he's taking makes me think he's waiting to see what is going to happen with Briles.
Matt_ag98
Thought I read somewhere part of his release was no Big 12 school. I hope we are pushing for him, given our QB situation. Would he still have to sit out a year at his new school, or could play right away given he is at a JUCO with no football and is "sitting out" this year? Then whenever he does see the field how many years of eligibility would he have left? I am guessing two but three would be pretty sweet (if he was with us anyways) Maybe he could win us a conference championship like the last Stephenville QB we had!
MaxPower
I think he would like to follow little Briles. Regardless, there isn't any other path right now. He is past the enrollment date and it behooves him to sniff around. I think we have a shot but my guess is Auburn (specifically if they hire Briles light).
ScottishFire
AG
Let him be, son.
Just let him be.
AggieTravis12
AG
Apparently Stidham was at the UT game this weekend. Might bode well, but it may just be he found a hottie.

http://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/former-baylor-qb-jarrett-stidham-photographed-at-texas-am-game/
ScottishFire
AG
He gone.
cowboyag
AG
ScottishFire said:

He gone.
Sumlin can't even control QB transfers at other schools!
MaxPower
Anyone heard any news on Stidham? I can't seem to find anything in the interwebs. I would think he would need to be working in paperwork to enroll in January.
moag94
Everything I have seen and heard is that we aren't interested.
TXM Pride
Wouldn't be surprised to see us wait till Mond is on campus and then put on the full court press for Stidham.. I heard from a VERY reliable source close to the program that the coaches may already be pursuing him behind the scenes
MaxPower
If we weren't pressing hard for Stidham before Miss St I have to believe we are now. Sumlin doesn't have the luxury of an impressive 10 win season to develop a freshman in 2017. A 7 win season may cost him his job. Stidham has experience and talent and is more likely to provide a smoother transition a la Knight. I'd like to still keep Mond but worse case we already have a 2018 QB commit.
badharambe
AG
Taylor Hamm from 247 just put Stidham's Crystal Ball our way this afternoon:

http://247sports.com/Player/Jarrett-Stidham-30678

- mal hombre
FrontPorchAg
So is Mond going to bail if Stidham signs?
cc10106
Mtn_Guide said:

So is Mond going to bail if Stidham signs?
https://campusinsiders.com/news/kellen-mond-jarrett-stidham-texas-am-11-16-2016/

Apparently not, per Mond, since he was headed to Baylor to succeed Stidham anyway. Obviously the eligibility difference between them has changed.

Stidham is ready to go, and Mond will have some time to develop. Getting these guys on campus can instantly change things for A&M on offense and recruiting.
TMartin
If Stidham comes he gets the starting job now that all the Hubenak nonsense has finally been put to bed.
Bachelor99
AG
stidham has what 2 years to play...mond will be a true fish...its a non issue...stidham plays out his eligibility while mond develops and has 2-3 years to take over...
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Did Stidham play 2 years a baylor, i was thinking his freshman year, then this year would be his RS year. Am I missing a year?
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
I believe you're correct, where ever he goes he'll have 3 years of eligibility
Frisco - Ag
TyHolden
AG
Make it happen cappen
Brick Tamland
Aggie_Eric98 said:

Did Stidham play 2 years a baylor, i was thinking his freshman year, then this year would be his RS year. Am I missing a year?

He's the same class as Kyler Murray. Played one season at Baylor
pasquale
AG
We need both
Aggie_Jeff
TyHolden
AG
pasquale said:

We need both
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.