Why would ANY player on D choose BDF?

12,871 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Falcon85
RAB87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BDF defenses are horrendous.
AG
This is an informative post.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
BDF defenses are horrendous.
PSA to D croots.
HECUBUS
AG
Undersized? Low expectations? Big mamma? Scared of large crowds? Academic problems? No desire to play in NFL? No decent team would offer? SO? Close to home? Related to coach? Legacy? Live under a rock?

Who knows?
d78230
AG
Afraid of competition?

Don't like playing against the best?

TMartin
BDF defenses are not horrendous. First you have to have a defense for it to be horrendous.
Bachelor99
AG
Not SEC ready = go play in BDF
TxAg76
AG
Lots of reps?
dixichkn
AG
It boggles the mind, doesn't it?......come play for the Chief on nationally televised games every week in the best conference in the country, or go play in......Lawrence. Or Ames, or Waco or Lubbock. In front of 40K (maybe) and a POSSIBLE TV audience. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Versalift
Chief and the 107th ranked run defense doesn't just sell itself these days.
d78230
AG
^^^sip trolls need to gtfo.

Take a look at your total defensive numbers before criticizing ours.

Our d was a ton better than a year ago.

Anyone can see that...except sips.
FrontPorchAg
But,... They beat Baylor (when Baylor had to play a WR at Qb). Btw sips, get ready for Baylor next season cause they goin' in dry!
Wabs
AG
quote:
^^^sip trolls need to gtfo.

Take a look at your total defensive numbers before criticizing ours.

Our d was a ton better than a year ago.

Anyone can see that...except sips.
Sip defense was the worst in their history. Literally the worst....more yards given up than any team. Way to coach'em up Chollie! Hook them!
Macarthur
I found this and think it's pertty interesting. I read someone mention the concept during the season and it makes some sense.

The metric is defensive points per possession. Basically, the BDF defenses are not as bad as you think when you factor in how many more possessions offenses have in that conference. Virtually everyone runs an uptempo offense.

Big 10 and SEC defenses, in general, have to defend fewer possessions per game than the Big 12.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef
longeryak
They played 3 of the top 5 offenses and 5 of the top 20 versus 1 of the top 20 in Ol'Miss at #8.

If they can fix their third down defense issues they will make a big jump in defense ratings.
Wabs
AG
quote:
They played 3 of the top 5 offenses and 5 of the top 20 versus 1 of the top 20 in Ol'Miss at #8.

If they can fix their third down defense issues they will make a big jump in defense ratings.
Circular argument. Why were those teams in the top 5 offenses? Maybe because they are playing crap defenses?
HECUBUS
AG
Sips were balanced in 2015, 105th in total defense and 100th in total offense. They certainly are entitled to their usual level of hubris with that positive trend.
Aggball2010
AG
quote:
I found this and think it's pertty interesting. I read someone mention the concept during the season and it makes some sense.

The metric is defensive points per possession. Basically, the BDF defenses are not as bad as you think when you factor in how many more possessions offenses have in that conference. Virtually everyone runs an uptempo offense.

Big 10 and SEC defenses, in general, have to defend fewer possessions per game than the Big 12.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef

The only stat that matters on the defensive side of the ball is points given up.

And the reason for having the top offenses is bachelor of bad defenses. You can't air it out in the SEC like you can the big 12 and you can't run in the SEC like you can the big 12. That's because the defenses are smaller, and lack true depth.
longeryak
quote:

The only stat that matters on the defensive side of the ball is points given up.

And the reason for having the top offenses is bachelor of bad defenses. You can't air it out in the SEC like you can the big 12 and you can't run in the SEC like you can the big 12. That's because the defenses are smaller, and lack true depth.
Tceh had 315 passing on the pigs and 370 against LSU.
HECUBUS
AG
TT elected not to play defense in 2015, 127th out of 128. Didn't LSU put up 700 yards and 60 points on TT in a blowout win?

I don't think LSU cared if TT got a few passing yards. Arkansas was bad, probably the worst defense in the SEC West at the time TT put a good beating on them.
Wabs
AG
quote:
quote:

Sips gave up 665 yards to Tard, Baylol gave up 636 to Tard, TCU gave up 750 to Tard.

LSU allowed 399, and Arky allowed 486.

The BDF is miles and miles behind the SEC in defense...but keep telling yourself otherwise.
Macarthur
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sips gave up 665 yards to Tard, Baylol gave up 636 to Tard, TCU gave up 750 to Tard.

The BDF is miles and miles behind the SEC in defense...but keep telling yourself otherwise.

I would agree, but I think it's not quite that simple to just make the miles and miles statement. You also have to factor in what kind of offense is played in that conf and that those defenses are built based on that.
Aggball2010
AG
quote:
quote:

I see my points were already made for me.
AkersN
quote:
quote:
quote:

Whereas the SEC is miles behind the Big 12 in offense. Makes for interesting match-ups. I dont think there is any question that SEC defenses are superior to Big 12 defenses (it's all a byproduct of the emphasis on offense in Texas hs football) But then A&M doesnt have an SEC defense so Im not sure where they make for a good alternative for TX hs talent.
LukeDuke
AG
No idea
mvpdao9455
SEC has put the most players in NFL and has won the most national championships in last ten years. Oklahoma team, the champion of weak big 12 conference, got dominated by Clemson who then lost to the national champion, Alabama. There is no question that SEC teams will dominated the horrible big 12 teams. Recruits need to realize that playing in SEC will prepare them better for the NFL.
HECUBUS
AG
The BDF is barely competing with the AAC and Mountain West.

Most Kids do see the obvious.
Falcon85
AG
Don't know why a kid would want to play at 4-8 tu. It will likely have the same record next year.
RAB87
AG
Back to the Future all over again. The BDF is simply a poor conference, in athletics and academics.
whatthehey78
AG
quote:
Back to the Future all over again. The BDF is simply a poor conference, in athletics and academics.

...and considering the prospective new additions - getting worse! Proof??? Have you met a truly happy sip lately (even with the recent wins)??? They'll never admit it, but they know and their usual "tone/demeanor" is all the proof you need. Glad that cluster**** is in the rear view mirror. Thank you bowtie!!!!
FrontPorchAg
cool unis brah,...thats why
Tamu_mgm
AG
Someone sell me on going to t.u. Putting on my objective glasses, it is still nearly impossible for me to see the draw of going there over A&M.
technoviking
AG
It's depressing going to the numbers site right now. There appears to be a lot of momentum going tu's way in the form of tu getting crystal balls for the state's top players.

My best guess is that sumlin has used most of his energy/time lately putting out fires (Allen/Murray transfers/chalk talk/tweet gate) as well as overhauling his offensive staff, which has led to him losing ground on the recruiting ground in texas. He probably lost his connections with a lot of kids once he got new coaches. Now he has to build new relationships with kids via his new coaches.

Nothing will get you in the door of recruit's houses faster than winning big games, though. And this team has a chance to do that. Having a stable staff also allows you to take advantage of other team's missteps. I'm looking at LSU this year for that. Maybe tu will as well if BDF teams get enough tape on beuchele/Gilbert's offense. We'll see.
MasonStorm
awsome thread is awsome. Lack of self awarness mezmerizing.

Lets not consider the fact no recruits were alive the last time the Aggs won a Conference title, let alone a National one, not sure they have living relatives for that one....

Last I checked, UT still puts more players in the NFL than the Aggs

Parents may want to travel to away games to cities with real airports

The "South" is a very welcoming environment to most of the innercity minority families of recruits, right?

I mean why BDF, Why? Do you just leave out that the conference you make fun of you were no better than a .500 team in? Same as in the SEC? Fail to mention the inability to finsih above .500 in conference the last 4 years (sans JFF)?

Nope, can't see any reason a player would rather play for the "BDF (DAC - dominated aggie conference)" than a middle of the pack SEC team
technoviking
AG
quote:
awsome thread is awsome. Lack of self awarness mezmerizing.

Lets not consider the fact no recruits were alive the last time the Aggs won a Conference title, let alone a National one, not sure they have living relatives for that one....

Last I checked, UT still puts more players in the NFL than the Aggs

Parents may want to travel to away games to cities with real airports

The "South" is a very welcoming environment to most of the innercity minority families of recruits, right?

I mean why BDF, Why? Do you just leave out that the conference you make fun of you were no better than a .500 team in? Same as in the SEC? Fail to mention the inability to finsih above .500 in conference the last 4 years (sans JFF)?

Nope, can't see any reason a player would rather play for the "BDF (DAC - dominated aggie conference)" than a middle of the pack SEC team

I haven't heard the sip talking point of not being close to airports in a while. Probably since the last tu team that was worth a *****... 2013? Or was it '12? Or '11?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.