Malik odds are slim

66,850 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AgOutsideAustin
JDRAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reading on another site that the Malik situation is a no-win for us Aggies. Apparently, he doesn't see himself playing for Snyder and even if we make a coaching change on defense there wouldn't be much time to form a relationship since Malik is enrolling early.

Also saw on the same site that Malik is recruiting Daylon to look around. Add to that the fact that Kyler is taking visits, the potential for our class to fall apart is greater than I thought (or hoped).

EDIT: Since this is being linked on the Premium board, I want to add that I'm not trying to be negative and add negativity to the already horrible past 3 weeks we have had. I simply wanted to relay info from what another recruiting site is saying. Don't kill the messenger!
Teslag
AG
Daylon just posted positive comments this morning. I wouldn't worry about him. And where's malik going to go? To 4-8 texas? Don't be such a spaz.
El Nino in Londontown
AG
We may not get Malik but I am not so sure he is going to 4-8/5-7 Texas either.
M.C. Swag
AG
Heard eerily similar musings about Malike but I think if we lose respectably to Auburn and win the rest of our games (including a MUST WIN against LSU at home on Thanksgiving) I think we'll be able to keep the guys we have with a decent shot at Malik.

I don't want to think about the repercussions if we manage to lose to LSU...that loss could seriously kick our trajectory to the curb.
JDRAggie2011
AG
Texas and Baylor are the only other schools Malik is likely to go to, and of those two I don't see how he doesn't pick Texas given his family's preference for Texas.
Aggball2010
AG
Didnt click link, not worried.
JDRAggie2011
AG
Don't see how I'm being a "spaz", I'm just relaying other info I found.
Prosperdick
AG
Mack already had been looking around...and cancelled his OV to Florida. If texas finishes as I expect them too it's not going to look promising as all their talent on that side of the ball will be graduating or declaring early.
LawAg05
AG
quote:
This. Besides, the season isn't over yet. There is nary a slip twixt a cup and a lip.
Gigem713
If we keep pulling boners like we have for the past 3 weeks, I have a feeling that Malik will be the least of our problems.
DontDoubtElDandy
quote:
Malik doesn't think like you, so stop trying to think for him. I want him at A&M, but he just saw Sumlin get beat 59-0 in his 3rd year. Texas can end up under .500, but Strong can still use the excuse that he's in his first year.

He's not going OOS. It's Baylor, Texas or A&M for him.
Ramrod
AG
I don't see Malik playing for Snyder either; we'll probably have a new DC.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I told y'all the issue with Snyder and Malik 2 weeks ago.
Teslag
AG
quote:
quote:
Malik doesn't think like you, so stop trying to think for him. I want him at A&M, but he just saw Sumlin get beat 59-0 in his 3rd year. Texas can end up under .500, but Strong can still use the excuse that he's in his first year.

4-8 in his first year is worse than anyone expected. 7-5 is right where people thought we'd be.
The Collective
AG
Since when do premium folks pay attention to the recruiting board?
JDRAggie2011
AG
quote:
Since when do premium folks pay attention to the recruiting board?
Haha! In all honesty I posted here because I thought I would get flamed on Premium.. or have the thread deleted which would suck cuz I thought it was relevant info.
The Collective
AG
I'm glad you came over here. I was surprised to see it linked over there. The recruiting board is being watched.
DontDoubtElDandy
quote:
quote:
quote:

4-8 in his first year is worse than anyone expected. 7-5 is right where people thought we'd be.

And who expected to us to get trained by Bama and get shutout two first halfs in a row?
viva torrente
malik was always looking for a reason to go to tu, and they would have to go 3-9 while we go 9-3 for us to break his infatuation with the school.

It doesn't matter that tu is probably in a worse place than us right now and likely will be next year too.
mAgnoliAg
buckmaster
AG
after TCU and K state lays 50 or 60 points on tu he may change his mind. all depends how Sumlin ends up our season.
viva torrente
I think a new DC who is a splash hire might help though.
McGibblets
AG
I feel like he probably has no idea where he wants to be right now. Unfortunately, he needs to figure out pretty damn quick since he's an early enrollee
DTAg09
AG
I agree with the above poster, he's been looking for that reason to go to Chollie, it's finally staring him in the face (our implosion), I wish him well with all the 7-5 football they're about to play during his career.
Agsrback12
You get a guy like Muschamp (regardless of how we like him or do not like him as a human) this defensive class includes whoever we want....

Muschamp has the reputation to land a strong class at the mention of his name... That would probably even cause Kyler to shut it down again..
JDRAggie2011
AG
quote:
You get a guy like Muschamp (regardless of how we like him or do not like him as a human) this defensive class includes whoever we want....

Muschamp has the reputation to land a strong class at the mention of his name... That would probably even cause Kyler to shut it down again..
Could you imagine to possibilities of having Muschamp and Sumlin on the same side?!

Sumlin is an offensive genius, Muschamp a proven defensive mind and coach... our teams and recruiting would just be sick.
d78230
AG
Muschamp was always a good dc. Just not a good hc.

I'd be glad to get him.

With Saban paving the way in hiring flawed head coaches and turning them into coordinators, I think it's clear that we could do it and not be faulted.

Hire him.

mAgnoliAg
AG
He isn't looking for a reason to go to t.u.
redass1876
AG
Remember Muschamp's comments about college station?

I don't want him and i don't think he would want us
67walkon
I thought the Koolade well tried up last weekend!
Blaser270
quote:

I recall a comment he made that was no worse than what Manziel said about College Station. From what I recall most everyone agreed with Johnny at the time. Maybe if Muschamp had been here and said it nobody would have had an issue with it either. The guy can coach defense. He's a known name in this state and as already mentioned would be able to recruit defensive players to play his scheme. At the same time I don't think a player exist that can play Snyder's scheme. Not sure he even knows what it is himself.
ClickClack
AG
quote:
quote:

I recall a comment he made that was no worse than what Manziel said about College Station. From what I recall most everyone agreed with Johnny at the time. Maybe if Muschamp had been here and said it nobody would have had an issue with it either. The guy can coach defense. He's a known name in this state and as already mentioned would be able to recruit defensive players to play his scheme. At the same time I don't think a player exist that can play Snyder's scheme. Not sure he even knows what it is himself.

So dumb. The statement made by Johnny was in reference mainly to the BS from the CSPD and that he wouldn't miss putting up with that. Muschamp made it clear that he thought the town sucked overall.
LaurAg
I agree with mAg.
I don't think he's looking for a reason, but I think Sumlin is giving him one anyway...
Laura
Class of 65
AG
Malik is old Miss Bound. Unless the track coach can change his mind
merch
Looking for a reason? You mean other than his mom, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.