Liucci: "Kyler...dicey"

44,620 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BQDrummer85
roginaustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
I didn't log in to read, but Kyler is on the list.

ESPN's Five Prospects That Could Flip
I'm sure ole Gerry Hamilton and that orange blood he's got flowing would love to see Kyler decommit. I think Kyler stays committed. He can come in and start early or at least get a decent shot since there's not going to be an entrenched guy in from of him.
d78230
AG
Wow. So because one guy didn't want to go to lsu because their fans trash talked players....didn't seem to stop lsu from recruiting the godawful hell out of recruits nonetheless. Wow.
merch
Dicey seems like a fair assessment. Seems Kyler has gone from being a lock and excited to come here to maybe being more of a 50/50 bet at this point. I'd say dicey is the right word.
czar_iv
AG
Losing Kyler would be real bad for A&M and Sumlin.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Teslag
AG
quote:
Dicey seems like a fair assessment. Seems Kyler has gone from being a lock and excited to come here to maybe being more of a 50/50 bet at this point. I'd say dicey is the right word.

It's not dicey till he decommits. And if he wanted to he would have already.
merch
Leather -

Well that is one way of looking at it. I wouldn't say that it is the correct way, but it is certainly a way.

If he de-commits you go from dicey to forget about it. When was the last time a player was committed, then de-committed and then committed again?

It is ok to accept that Kyler is 50/50 right now.

Sumlin has enough problems right now. You lose a 5* legacy at the QB position your job gets real dicey.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
I have never seen ANY board hate on their own player as much as The Zoo has hated on Kenny.
If he actually did go out and get ****faced 36 hours before a road game against a top 5 opponent (and while I don't know if he actually did, there was a ton of smoke) then I dare say he earned it.
Nino Brown
If you really think a kid makes a career decision based on a freakin message board you are delusional. Kyler knows what this system can do with an athletic QB and loves Sumlin. He's probably more worried about losing D recruits than you guys.
FrontPorchAg
It's not delusional at all. We have had several recruits and their parents on this board on here over the years. Chris Harrington's mom use to be a regular on this board when her son was going through the recruiting process. They do hear what people say and occasionally take offense.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
Leather -

Well that is one way of looking at it. I wouldn't say that it is the correct way, but it is certainly a way.

If he de-commits you go from dicey to forget about it. When was the last time a player was committed, then de-committed and then committed again?

It is ok to accept that Kyler is 50/50 right now.

Sumlin has enough problems right now. You lose a 5* legacy at the QB position your job gets real dicey.

Tramaine Jacobs committed to us, then flipped to Tennessee, then signed with us.
Sublette County
AG
quote:
quote:
I have never seen ANY board hate on their own player as much as The Zoo has hated on Kenny.
If he actually did go out and get ****faced 36 hours before a road game against a top 5 opponent (and while I don't know if he actually did, there was a ton of smoke) then I dare say he earned it.

This. I don't feel bad for the guy at all.
bigdm
AG
Lots of trolls, t-shirt fans, and a few stupid AGGIES make a terrible mix on this board. If Lucci did use the word dicie - what does that mean ? Nothing !
fireinthehole
Who knows. Two weeks ago, Kyler and Daylon were supposedly at the Ole Miss game talking about how they were going to come in and make a difference. Hype to sell?
AnalogyAg
quote:

the past few weeks hatred for Kenny has surpassed all other examples, even on this board.

drama much?
redass1876
AG
Not sure why anyone would hate Kenny. Just time for a new QB
TXM Pride
quote:
The one major difference? Manziel's family didn't get rich through playing professional sports, Hill's did. There's almost a mindset about him that he thinks he's inherited the talent he needs to succeed instead of making it work like Manziel did.

You're FUGGING retarded if you believe a word of that. Kenny's dad being a professional athlete only intensifies things. His dad knows what it takes to compete and succeed at a high level, and you better believe he pushes his son to meet those expectations. I know Kenny, and have had the pleasure of sitting with his family at games and have spoke with his dad in great detail (which is tough to do because his dad is certainly a reserved guy).

Getting drunk on a Thursday night has absolutely ZERO barring on the way you're going to play Saturday. Being hungover on travel day means nothing. Game plan is in by Thursday.. And if you're thinking of the physical aspect, if he needed it he could get IVs to pump fluids back in. (I know for a fact we've had several baseball players throughout the Childress era routinely get IVs before games after going out drinking the night before).

Not saying he was blackout drunk, because I don't have any idea. But do you think he was the only one on the team out.. Hell no.

A lot of finger pointing in his direction but that Bama game took an entire team effort to suck that bad.
TyHolden
AG
he's solid. move on. we're not losing anybody. the only questions are whether we get the other 5*s now. regardless, we're still top 5-10 class.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
he's solid. move on. we're not losing anybody. the only questions are whether we get the other 5*s now. regardless, we're still top 5-10 class.

You should buy stars. The texags staff is concerned about losing a lot of this class. Looch is saying we need to turn things around in a hurry.
AGSWON
AG
Note #1 - Do not copyright your Nickname before ever winning anything.

Arkansas's QB had his pickup truck set on fire at the beginning of the season. Thankfully, we haven't made it to that level yet.
E.KingTrill
I hear Kenny drives a Prius
HookThis
AG
I don't think Im gonna make the money I thought I was gonna make when I trademarked "Trilth Man"
Lungblood
quote:

Getting drunk on a Thursday night has absolutely ZERO barring on the way you're going to play Saturday. Being hungover on travel day means nothing. Game plan is in by Thursday.. And if you're thinking of the physical aspect, if he needed it he could get IVs to pump fluids back in.

This may be the most asinine thing I've ever read on this website. I really hope you don't believe this.

Also, your example using our bb players just kinda proves how asinine this is.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I had plenty 2 day hangovers in college.
TXM Pride
You're going to read into that what you want..

The point is A&M players have access to "hangover cures" most people don't. My baseball player reference is different because it's dealing with guys who are playing a game the day after a night out on the town.. And when you have to be at the field by noon for a 6:30 game it makes a little sense to get some fluids in you in your down time..

At the end of the day it's all hypothetical because don't know how drunk he was or wasn't Thursday night and what his physical state was moving forward..

If you would have seen Johnny at 2:30am the night before the spring game last year you never would have thought he would be able to go out there and perform like he did... Granted it was a glorified scrimmage, against our awful defense.
bigdm
AG
if Lucci really cast doubts about Kylers loyalty,then we don't need enemies , Lucci is enough of a load.
MagnumLoad
^
Yes, along with the zoo.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:

Getting drunk on a Thursday night has absolutely ZERO barring on the way you're going to play Saturday. Being hungover on travel day means nothing. Game plan is in by Thursday.. And if you're thinking of the physical aspect, if he needed it he could get IVs to pump fluids back in. (I know for a fact we've had several baseball players throughout the Childress era routinely get IVs before games after going out drinking the night before).
The effects can last longer than 36 hours. Usually a hangover is gone by the next evening, but if you're puking drunk it's going to last all day (meaning he was near useless during the walkthrough), and you could easily be a bit fuzzy -headed on day 2 (especially earlier in the day), even if your headache is gone and your guts are back to normal.

If true, it was an epic stupid move, especially for a kid who's already got a PI on his record. It shows apathy and is all-around bad leadership. And I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's part of the reason he lost the job for this Saturday, which is a damn good move by Sumlin. We don't need a bootcamp like in Austin, but there have to be repercussions for poor choices.
aggie_2001_2005
Hyperbole, but I don't care if Johnny slammed a gallon of liquor 5 minutes before game time. He was enough of a freak badass to compensate for it. Kenny is not even close to that level and needs every advantage to just get through a game without making a bunch of dumb mistakes.

Kenny is too slow and his arm is too average for him to get by on the JFF plan. He's got to be on top of his game for us to have any chance whatsoever, especially with our up and mostly down defense.
TyHolden
AG
kyler vs jamabo tonight...

kyler 7 tds
soso 6 tds

allen 70 plano west 41
redass1876
AG
quote:
kyler vs jamabo tonight...

kyler 7 tds
soso 6 tds

allen 70 plano west 41
creAG2005
I would think after this weekend that Kyler now thinks he can come in and possibly start year 1.
SHSU-AG
Or that he's going to die behind that "offensive", offensive line!
SoCalAg97
AG
Sorry for stating the obvious, but Kyler is the key to this class. I think the others already see him as a leader. He's a winner. Instant credibility to his peers in making this class great. Keep him and we'll be OK. I sure hope he looks out there and realizes this job is his to come and take.
AgCPA
AG
Honestly, Murray starts for sure next year. What has changed offensively if we stick him in from a JF team? In all honesty I don't think much. Yea we lost a pro receiver and a good OL, but it was Johnny that made Sumlin's offense tick and Murray will make it roar. I believe that just getting Murray into the lineup makes us a contender with what we have right now. Add in Daylon Mack who I hear is coming to Aggieland no matter what happens this season and we are very very good next year.
MidTnAg
AG
I would hate to see us play in the SEC with only 3 star players.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.