Who did this? (Steven Parker)

11,054 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Sammy Baugh
TAMU2018
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"The long and short of it is that Parker was ready to commit that night when he got home. Near the end of his visit, I've been told he was followed into a bathroom and questioned by a certain someone from 247. This is completely against university and NCAA policy and it rubbed Parker the wrong way. When he got home and talked it over with his parents it REALLY bothered them and his father has been adamantly against A&M ever since.

This isn't the first time other sites have rubbed prospects the wrong way, either."

[This message has been edited by TAMU2018 (edited 2/5/2014 9:27a).]
Martian Aggie
I think it was Hamm.
HUDAT361
I don't think that happened. He was going to choose us but Yates left us.

We lost
DSG and Steven Parker
Almost lost Harvey and watts too

Aston04
AG
No dog in this fight, but it sounds to me his parents will looking for a reason for him to NOT commit to A&M and stay close to home. IF that's the case, it would have been something else if this didn't (allegedly) happen.

[This message has been edited by Aston04 (edited 2/5/2014 9:33a).]
AgBeliever
AG
Yates leaving for Boise was the biggest reason for losing Parker.

Don't know if the Hamm rumor is true but I have heard it a lot now, as well as the rumor that he is overzealous.

[This message has been edited by AgBeliever (edited 2/5/2014 9:38a).]
DallasAggie0
Whole story was fabricated. Ags going after other Ags.
Ulrich
It sounds like a very Hamm-ish thing to do though.
AgBeliever
AG
Yeah it does.
swc93
AG
dumb to do it

dumb reason not to pick a school
chase128
AG
Pisses me off seeing folks make **** up to put down a good Aggie.
Bleedmaroon01
This is a stupid made up story that was used on kyrion Parker a year ago and now is being spread about Steven Parker this year. It's not real and the mods on here should be ashamed for spreading it.
Paradise Ag
AG
The Aggies are we.
The Newbish Enigma
AG
So many numbers fans on here.
Ridge14
Loled this is the dumbest made up story I have ever heard
Thisguy1
I'm convinced, DallasAggie is Hamm
AggnHou
AG
is 247 an A&M site or something? this makes no sense if true.
Thisguy1
The only people talking like it didn't happen are only saying it because this is the first time they're hearing about it. This story has been around for a pretty good while, it just recently made it's way over to the recruiting board. The mods on this site haven't said this happened, only that there was an incident involving another site with Parker that resulted in them getting their media credentials pulled. They've actually made it clear they aren't going to say anything about it because they don't want to bash other sites, although Hamm does this regularly.

So although this sounds snobby, if you had stars you would have heard this months ago.

So sure, chalk this up as another "Hamm bashing post" Dallas, but I'm just stating what is out there. Something happened with Parker and another site that resulted in then getting some media credentials taken up. Everything else is hear say, but it's a pretty common theme that everyone is hearing.
Barnacle
AG
I just can't imagine that having credible impact on his decision. I mean, what does some random reporter have to do with the coaching staff he would be playing for? It's not as if Sumlin screwed up. As stated earlier, if they stated this played any part, they were just looking for a reason to be down on us.
TMartin
If losing Parker meant getting rid of Marcel Yates and the play of the A&M secondary than it's a good swap.
OilFieldIRI
S
HAAAMMM!!!!!!
Bunk Moreland
quote:
The only people talking like it didn't happen are only saying it because this is the first time they're hearing about it. This story has been around for a pretty good while, it just recently made it's way over to the recruiting board. The mods on this site haven't said this happened, only that there was an incident involving another site with Parker that resulted in them getting their media credentials pulled. They've actually made it clear they aren't going to say anything about it because they don't want to bash other sites, although Hamm does this regularly.

So although this sounds snobby, if you had stars you would have heard this months ago.

So sure, chalk this up as another "Hamm bashing post" Dallas, but I'm just stating what is out there. Something happened with Parker and another site that resulted in then getting some media credentials taken up. Everything else is hear say, but it's a pretty common theme that everyone is hearing.

No dog in the fight, but the only people posting about something "happening" is coming from this site's premium board. "everybody" is from one location.

Barnacle
AG
Bunk, it's not the mods on Premium doing that and they are discouraging the name calling and muck raking. It's users there who keep bringing it up.
Bunk Moreland
It started on that board, and all the "talk" has come from posters on that board. That's my point. It's not like Brent, Rivals, Scout, or other facets are fueling the rumor.

"everyone" basically means only idiots who post on that board, and it's been posted enough times for over a month now that it has fueled into a "well a story like that's GOTTA be true" situation....yet only a bunch of jackoffs on the premium boards are the ones posting about it.

My point? it was made up there, and has stayed there, and no one from any other outlet or board has said anything in regards to this rumor, and any "questions" about it are directly related to "TA Premium board posting xyz"...

My response was to the "pretty common theme that everyone is hearing."

Everyone=one board of posters who keep saying stuff with absolutely no knowledge.

I don't give a **** either way. All sites have their advantages and disadvantages, and the recruiting industry(while I like the info) is, by default, kind of weird and creepy anyway.

[This message has been edited by Bunk Moreland (edited 2/5/2014 12:35p).]
bigblackag12
AG
Didnt this same story come up last year with kyrion parker?
DallasAggie0
I think it's pretty obvious to anyone with common sense the story was made up.

A recruit making a college decision because of something a media member did? Yea, no thanks.

And no, I'm not Hamm "thisguy1." We all get it though, you don't like him despite not knowing him or ever visiting his board.

[This message has been edited by DallasAggie0 (edited 2/5/2014 12:37p).]

[This message has been edited by DallasAggie0 (edited 2/5/2014 12:38p).]
Thisguy1
And I get it, everyone in here without stars are numbers guys.

Edit- sorry I don't want to say everyone, a lot is better wording.

[This message has been edited by Thisguy1 (edited 2/5/2014 12:57p).]
Bleedmaroon01
quote:
Bunk, it's not the mods on Premium doing that and they are discouraging the name calling and muck raking. It's users there who keep bringing it up.

It's the mods who are PM' ing it to members to stir it up. It's unprofessional and unethical and its really to cover up that they laid a turd when they said Parker was going to commit and 247 was saying he was not ready to commit. It's like a teenage girl spreading rumors.
bigblackag12
AG
Im pretty sure I heard this exact same thing last year about kyrion parker...
Houston Summit
AG
I'm here for the gang bang
Bunk Moreland
quote:
And I get it, everyone in here without stars are numbers guys.

I had two stars for years. Have family who still are. I love TexAgs and the communities on multiple boards here.

I have no dog in the fight. Just providing context. I'm also not posting with only knowledge from one specific board like you are.

I have no idea whether or not it happened, but it is a fact that the only people discussing it are from one specific area, and the rumor was allowed to be fueled on that board.

If it's true, then TA staff call them out and stand behind it. If it's not, then staff should have shot it down a long time ago, but now should definitely shoot it down and be professional. Don't sit back and let it fester if it is just a rumor. I get why they would, it obviously disparages another site and makes them look better in return. But I don't think that's the right way to do business, especially when the rumor started and has only been fueled there and nowhere else.

[This message has been edited by Bunk Moreland (edited 2/5/2014 1:17p).]
agchugger
AG
We lost Steven Parker because of Taylor Hamm. Lol tin foil hat beaners.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
Im pretty sure I heard this exact same thing last year about kyrion parker..

no knowledge on that but I have heard that too.

As I said above, we all love the recruiting info, but the job itself is just a tad weird.
agchugger
AG
What do u think he did in the bathroom?

Brushed his teeth while Parker took a ****?
Pissed in the urinal next to him instead of leaving the one urinal gap?
Caught glancing at ***** during piss?
Didn't wash his hands after peeing?

AgBeliever
AG
I think he sat in the stall next to him and said, "Tap your feet twice if you are coming to A&M".

Unfortunately there was a guy in a third stall that took the foot tapping to mean something else.

[This message has been edited by AgBeliever (edited 2/5/2014 1:31p).]
Sammy Baugh
"the recruiting industry(while I like the info) is, by default, kind of weird and creepy anyway"

this
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.