Cullen Gillaspia

30,366 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by C Loves L
aggiediehard10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do you think?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1150711/highlights/107953377

Boomsy
AG
hudl.com/athlete/o/1150711/highlights/107953377

Athlete for sure...nice kick off returns too!

[This message has been edited by Ole Ball Coach (edited 12/4/2013 3:45p).]
JMJLAW
AG
OP:

You HAVE to be his dad or a relative.

I checked- this is your 4th thread about this kid.

Am I right?
Boomsy
AG
Law- I'm a friend of friend..he is fun to watch..I watch his video and compare to other LBs and just dont see the difference.
Gordo14
quote:
OP:

You HAVE to be his dad or a relative.

I checked- this is your 4th thread about this kid.

Am I right?

I was gonna say, I see this name a lot and only on this board
aggiediehard10
AG
Was One of his teachers, great kid!

[This message has been edited by aggiediehard10 (edited 12/4/2013 7:01p).]
sawemoff07
AG
Looks like a good player. I coached him a long time ago. Great family.
Brewmaster
AG
He's a player for sure, but a bit small for LB...maybe a good SS at the D1 level.

He should run with the Harvard or Yale offer - opportunity of a lifetime!
beerad12man
AG
quote:
He's a player for sure, but a bit small for LB...maybe a good SS at the D1 level.

He should run with the Harvard or Yale offer - opportunity of a lifetime!

Yale or Harvard may be the opportunity of your lifetime. But I don't want, your life!
FrontPorchAg
Sorry, if I was too small to play at A&M (and I am) and Haavaaad offered me a ride (and they didn't) I would take it in a heartbeat. Evil mother in-law was a prof at MIT and Columbia. I've seen the irrationally ridiculous doors a Harvard diploma opens for you.
JMJLAW
AG
quote:
Law- I'm a friend of friend..he is fun to watch..I watch his video and compare to other LBs and just dont see the difference.

Going on a limb here...I actually completely agree.

Compare his vid to Hoza Scott and you'll see no real difference. Before you bash this comment, seriously, go watch both videos one after the other. Both are about the same speed (Cullen may even be faster, but def. not slower).

Almost all of Scott's big plays are where he was unblocked or poorly blocked, somewhat like this kids' highlights.

My only Q is- is the kid really 6'2", 215?

His vid is very impressive, though.

aggiediehard10
AG
Dat was 5-11
Aston04
AG
Harvard doesnt offer rides for football.
FrontPorchAg
^
Good to know. I thought they awarded scholarships but did not lower academic requirements.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Yale or Harvard may be the opportunity of your lifetime. But I don't want, your life!

LOL I hear you beerad

I wouldn't change a thing myself - becoming an Aggie was one of the greatest things to ever happen to me... not to mention I would've been kicked out of Harvard (grades). I was on Scho-pro twice at A&M but got my act together and ended up with a bachelor's and master's.
Boomsy
AG
^ I too took the scenic route! but it was worth the drive. 8)
This kid is awesome, I believe he is late to the game, hence no hype. Similar to a familiar qb we all know. If I remember correctly that district is a tough one too.
aggiediehard10
AG
One things for sure about this kid, he's not a Hoza. He automatically qualifies because of his class ranking, top 10 percent. In addition his work ethic is tremendous, and his character is outstanding.
I was wanting feedback because I wanted to make sure I wasn't being biased, and after watching other top recruits highlights I feel like the kid is flying under the radar. I just think the kid didn't get a lot of pub from his head coach. I think he's going to be someone's sleeper.
I said this about a kid that nobody knew anything about when he made his first visit to A&M, and I even went in on record here at Texags to say he was going to be Texas A&M's next Heisman Trophy winner. That Kid was Johnny Freaking Football.
I'm telling you Guy's, this kid is special and you'll hear about him down the road.

[This message has been edited by aggiediehard10 (edited 12/11/2013 1:01a).]
JAD AG85
AG
OP - I know the kid also, had kids go through Taylor, coached him in LL Baseball, know dad, uncle, etc. from Katy area, church, etc. I may be missing something, but don't see it. I hope he does well, but don't see how he is on Sumlin's radar. I would also go with whatever scholarship offer is out there from Harvard - not athletic, I can assure you. Taylor had a swimmer go to Harvard about 5 or 6 years ago, also.
Ulrich
Sure looks like a player. Gets off blocks, good speed, strong hands, goes to the ball and rips it out when he gets there. That's 5A competition, too. Tackling form could be better.

[This message has been edited by Ulrich (edited 12/12/2013 9:36a).]
Boomsy
AG
Word is he made All District LB, Special Teams and Academics. (Down low until Katy loses) . Imagine red shirting him next year, get a yr of LJ under his belt then turning him loose.
TheMaverick
Anyone know If Mr. Cullen Gillaspia has decided on which scholarship to accept?

Mr. Gillaspia's twitter: @CGillaspia

Best of luck choosing your college Mr. Gillaspia and enjoy the rest of your senior year
siptownAg93
AG
Didnt see much video of pass coverage. Most clips cheating into the box. He does have a nose for the ball.
allMondjoy
Have him contact Assoc AD Football Justin Moore he is a Taylor graduate that might help him walk on.
Boomsy
AG
I've been pulling for this kid for a long time. You need these type of athletes on your team. Solid character, student and player.
To play on a team that goes 3-36 and still come out to play hard every week, with his passion, is very telling. All-District LB 19-5a is nothing to sneeze at. Hopefully something good will happen. On a side note,a baseball scout watched him hit three over the fence and two off the wall , this kid is a stud.

[This message has been edited by Ole Ball Coach (edited 1/25/2014 6:50p).]
WN AG
67walkon
Great vision and instincts 4th thread or not. Pretty darn good athlete too. Needs about 15 pounds.

[This message has been edited by 67walkon (edited 1/26/2014 4:21p).]
Human
AG
So he brings his academic lunch pail in the classroom?
snowdog90
Aggiediehard, he looks good to me. He looks big enough too, is he truly 6' 2"? Definitely filling the right hole which was something our lb's had trouble with last year.

Wild that he returns kicks too.
JMJLAW
AG
Credit to aggiediehard10.

Glad we have this guy.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Well deserved bump
AggieMD95
TyHolden
EKG1996
Baron de Bastrop
AG
His hit was one of the best since The Hit and made a difference I the final score, not just the play. Very cool bump.
aggiediehard10
AG
JMJLAW said:

Credit to aggiediehard10.

Glad we have this guy.
Me too, it's all in the bloodline...his daddy was a great LB back in the day at SWT. Wacker years. I knew he had "IT". "IT" being something you cant teach.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.