Cullen Gillaspia Katy Taylor

23,360 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggiediehard10
aggiediehard10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This kid is a baller, too bad his team is horrible.
1st game result
Stats
4 sacks
11 tackles
Blocked field goal
Caused fumble
4.6 wants to come to A&M , GPA 3.7

[This message has been edited by aggiediehard10 (edited 9/4/2013 9:37p).]
dichotomic
If we lose to Bama, he will probably get an offer, along with a bunch of others we never heard of.
aggiediehard10
AG
Sleeper!
FrontPorchAg
Are you too young to have heard if an RC special? J/k

What position does he play?

[This message has been edited by Mtn_Guide (edited 9/4/2013 9:19p).]
aggiediehard10
AG
Linebacker, serious motor, relentless!
tylhair
AG
MFND
Model Poster
Offers from Harvard and Yale... we're screwed.
postman56
AG
MFND!
my step-brother just graduated from there haha
aggiediehard10
AG
That's the point...he wants to come to A & M, either with scholarship or preferred walk on. High intensity.
Boomsy
AG
Kids a baller, I've seen a lot of great talent get overlooked in the past. Fun to watch, plays with a lot of emotion.
TexanJeff
AG
quote:
If we lose to Bama, he will probably get an offer, along with a bunch of others we never heard of.

You think recruits really base a decision of of the outcome of one game????
howdyagssec
We stand to make huge gains if we win and can still improve our recruiting profile in a loss, as long as we show we can compete...which we all know we can. Recruits aren't basing their decisions on one game, see TU vs BYU. At the end of the day, we're still the only school where you can play SEC foosball in TX. Not to mention our facilities are top notch and only getting better. Kids know they'll be playing in front of 102,500 rabid fans for every home game starting 2015. Oh, and don't forget their friends and family can watch them on the SEC Network. This list could go on for a while so I'll stop, but one loss (which isn't going to be a loss) wouldn't deter a kid who was seriously considering playing for the good guys. Our future is very bright.
aggiediehard10
AG
My experience is you need these types of players around, special teams etc , projected 3 yr starter after redshirt.
aggiediehard10
AG
95 yrd. Kick off return...Believe it!
Boomsy
AG
^ so the kid runs his first kick off return ever, for 70 yrds, and his next KO return for 95 yrds. TD. Hope we get on him. Reminds me of Dat..high intensity.
Bachelor99
AG
Wow give this kid a preferred status!!
BubbaRyan
Any one find the video of him leaping over a tackler from Seven Lakes on KOR?
aggiediehard10
AG
Missed it...I hope he gets after it this week..needs to get noticed.
cgarcia23147
I didnt see much of him against Katy last night. Katy won 44-0
aggiecullen
AG
I'm rooting for him
aggiediehard10
AG
CGarcia- if you watched the game then you seen the numerous coaching errors by the staff. Last years defense was more aggressive..lots of blitzing etc..more conservative this year. Coaches are running away from him, Cinco coach
said today he is by far the best LB they will face all year. Classic case of a great player in a weak program.
JAD AG85
AG
That is real funny to see this kid's name on an Aggie Recruiting thread. I would have never guessed he was being considered for a major D1 scholarship at a place like TAMU. We had 2 kids graduate from Katy Taylor. Lived in he area for over 22 years. I coached Cullen years ago on a LL baseball all-star team with my son. I hope it works out for him. The Aggie coach there at Taylor has pretty much run the football program (and Athletic Dept.) into the ground. They have lost major ground in football to other area schools (not named Katy High School) with basically the exact same kids in their programs, i.e. Cinco Ranch and Seven Lakes. Despite a horrible team and program Risien has been able to get one kid each year into a D1 program - even though it's Rice. Good luck to Cullen!!!
JAD AG85
AG
Koolaid and Postman - VERY FUNNY with the MFND!!!!

Boomsy
AG
JAD- my take is this, kids get overlooked all the time for whatever reason..but there is no question he is a huge sleeper..heck the Sports writer in Houston thought he should have been first team all district last year, after the season..good upbringing, good parents, good grades , good player.
JAD AG85
AG
Coach - not arguing. Just very surprised. I didn' think there was really any talent on that team. I know the kid, parents, uncle, etc. I hope the coach and recruiter are correct. Would be totally fine with me.

shano0603
AG
Just read he enrolled today..... Walk on maybe?
Maroon Flash
AG
From what I can tell Sumlin has been very fair with letting walk ons compete for PT. Hope he gives it a shot.
mdanyc03
AG
Yes, walk on. We have several walk ons who turned down other d1 scholarships including this guy.
shano0603
AG
Sounds like he really wanted to be an Aggie... I would have taken the scholarship to Harvard, and if I end up developing quickly, then transfer.
FrontPorchAg
Did he have an academic scholarship to harvard?
El Nino in Londontown
ahlongslide
AG
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1150711/cullen-gillaspia
shano0603
AG
he had an athletic scholarship for Harvard
AG
Jeez, the Harvard scolly and eventual degree would be worth 10x anything else down the road. Would've jumped on that and never looked back.
whatthehey78
AG
Some things, incl. some faculty and Harvard alumni...not so good. IMHO, kid made the right decision.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.