Burton

3,717 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Shoefly!
Gyles Marrett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watched Friday's game but had to follow the game thread for 2 and 3. I didn't remember Burton getting hurt Friday. Was there an obvious "oh no" type of injury like the initial worry with Grahovac last week that I missed somehow or was it something small not really seen just watching the game?
trouble
AG
It's a leg injury. We don't know more than that. Could have been something that happened just from taking a bad step.
twk
AG
On the radio, I heard Monaco say it was a partial tear, but not what was torn. Maybe a hamstring? Schloss told him not to try to beat out a grounder when he pinch hit. Schloss also said he might be back this weekend.
dabo man
AG
When he pinch hit Saturday, he clearly couldn't run well at all.
Randy Rhodes
Burton is hurt?
Gyles Marrett
twk said:

On the radio, I heard Monaco say it was a partial tear, but not what was torn. Maybe a hamstring? Schloss told him not to try to beat out a grounder when he pinch hit. Schloss also said he might be back this weekend.
Without any actual knowledge if he's right or wrong, I question Monaco's info there. If you've had any sort of even partial tear of any leg muscle anything more than a walk when recovering would not be advised. Highly doubt he pinch hit and ran at all with a partial tear in the leg.

Again, only stating an opinion based on experiencing a partial tear of a hamstring, not based on any knowledge of his situation here.
TyHolden
AG
Schoss just said he won't play tomorrow but will probably be available for Ole Miss but not going to push him. Only thing that matters is to be healthy going into the tournament.
Agryan00
Did not see a post on this but figured there was an injury when he was out Sunday after being out Saturday. Sad to see him injured but Binderup is showing and upward trajectory.

Hopefully he takes his time as we will need him for the post season run.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Kent should play first and Burton should rest until Arkansas
TexAgs23
TyHolden said:

Schoss just said he won't play tomorrow but will probably be available for Ole Miss but not going to push him. Only thing that matters is to be healthy going into the tournament.
Yep. Schloss said that he tweaked something stretching for that Tommy White toss that went wide. Keeping him out as a precaution to make sure he's fully healthy for the post season.
dabo man
AG
But he's playing tomorrow against Rice, correct? I mean we have midweek perfection at stake!
jkag89
HoustonAg2106 said:

Why do you think Kent can play first? If he has been taking a bunch of reps in practice maybe, if not then no.
twk
AG
jkag89 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Why do you think Kent can play first? If he has been taking a bunch of reps in practice maybe, if not then no.
If I recall correctly, Kent played first in the Cape last summer. Looks like Schloss has several options.
jsc8116
AG
Silver lining is get some more reps for backups in case needed for post season run
Gyles Marrett
TexAgs23 said:

TyHolden said:

Yep. Schloss said that he tweaked something stretching for that Tommy White toss that went wide. Keeping him out as a precaution to make sure he's fully healthy for the post season.
Just trying to follow, Burton was stretching running to first to reach the base? or was this meaning the Grahovac throw up the line with Tommy White running? I read that as somehow Tommy White was throwing to Burton lol
twk
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

TexAgs23 said:

TyHolden said:

Just trying to follow, Burton was stretching running to first to reach the base? or was this meaning the Grahovac throw up the line with Tommy White running? I read that as somehow Tommy White was throwing to Burton lol
Stretching trying to catch Grahovac's throw from third on a grounder hit by White (would have been a double play ending the inning).
Gyles Marrett
Gotcha, never felt good about that throw as much time as Gavin took to touch 3rd. You could almost see him thinking about it too much.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

Gotcha, never felt good about that throw as much time as Gavin took to touch 3rd. You could almost see him thinking about it too much.

I could see it in his motion that he was throwing that one away
HoustonAg2106
AG
jkag89 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

My understanding is that he played first during the summer and the advantage to Kent is that he can play pretty much anywhere in the infield
Gyles Marrett
HoustonAg2106 said:

jkag89 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

My understanding is that he played first during the summer and the advantage to Kent is that he can play pretty much anywhere in the infield
Correct, he did. Also believe he led the league or nearly led the league in hitting for the summer.
jkag89
I understand that Kent is versatile. If Schloss believes he can handle the position defensively, he did play there in the bottom of the 9th yesterday, it seems to be a good solution. On the other hand, Binderup did go 2-4 yesterday and don't recall any deficiencies in his play in the field.
Randy Rhodes
Let's get Binderup some valuable experience, and let Kent pinch hit

Can't believe that was Kent's first HR of the year
Gyles Marrett
jkag89 said:

I understand that Kent is versatile. If Schloss believes he can handle the position defensively, he did play there in the bottom of the 9th yesterday, it seems to be a good solution. On the other hand, Binderup did go 2-4 yesterday and don't recall any deficiencies in his play in the field.
What was Binderups first hit? Read his second was kind of an excuse me flare double down the right field line. Don't know if that's correct though.
jkag89
In the TexAgs video above (at the very end), whoever gets the start between Kent and Binderup at first tomorrow will depend on who the Owls pitch.
BurnetAggie99
Randy Rhodes said:

Let's get Binderup some valuable experience, and let Kent pinch hit

Can't believe that was Kent's first HR of the year

Schloss has Schott as DH. I don't see that changing. So who ever doesn't start at 1st between Kent & Binderup likely ends up on the bench
Sean98
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

jkag89 said:

What was Binderups first hit? Read his second was kind of an excuse me flare double down the right field line. Don't know if that's correct though.
BB's first hit was a flare that fell just in front of the right fielder for a single. Chestnut had to really hustle to 2nd because he had to wait and wait to see if it was caught. His second was hard hit down the RF line the question was whether the RF could get there in time. It ended up bouncing about 5 feet inside the line, bounced up and hit the fence right at the foul line.
Shoefly!
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

twk said:

Without any actual knowledge if he's right or wrong, I question Monaco's info there. If you've had any sort of even partial tear of any leg muscle anything more than a walk when recovering would not be advised. Highly doubt he pinch hit and ran at all with a partial tear in the leg.

Again, only stating an opinion based on experiencing a partial tear of a hamstring, not based on any knowledge of his situation here.

Yes, even a partial tear would be very painful. That sh!+ hurts!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.