Let's win this!

1,457 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Aggie Infantry
Baron de Bastrop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only 1 game behind Arkansas and we end season against them at home and winner of that series likely wins the West. If we win the series against Ole Miss that puts us at 4-2 worst case and 20-10.

Arkansas hosts Miss St then comes to Olsen Field. Hopefully Miss St can take at least 1. Assuming we win our series 2-1, the season finale between Arkansas and A&M would decide the West. We would both be 20-10 and we would own the H2H tiebreaker.

Tennessee is 1 game ahead of us and goes to rival Vandy then gets SCar at home who we already played and beat so results wont impact our SoS. I can see them 3-3 and can also see them 6-0. If they go 4-2, we have to probably sweep Ole Miss to tie them at 21-9. Tall order but possible. We need Tennessee to lose.

Hardest team to catch Kentucky since they are two games ahead of us at 18-6. We really need them to lose the next two series at Florida and home against Vandy, especially since we don't play them, but their opponents played us so beat them will also help our strength schedule and RPI.

Not likely, but it's very possible we could pull off the regular season conference championship. The top four teams could all share the same final record too.

Just win!

ChemEng94
AG
I want a regular season title. I know it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, but we have never won a football title and we only have one basketball title, so it would be nice to get some hardware.

That said, the only one that really matters is the one in Omaha. We have had too good of a program to never win it all. This could be the year.
dabo man
AG
I would love a regular season title because it means you went through a marathon against the toughest competition in the country and came out on top. Tournament titles mean next to nothing to me.

My personal belief is that they should cancel the SEC and ACC conference baseball tournaments and have the two regular season champs play a best 3 out of 5 that week. There's your real champ right there.
StinkyPinky
AG
dabo man said:

I would love a regular season title because it means you went through a marathon against the toughest competition in the country and came out on top. Tournament titles mean next to nothing to me.

My personal belief is that they should cancel the SEC and ACC conference baseball tournaments and have the two regular season champs play a best 3 out of 5 that week. There's your real champ right there.
I like this approach
BadMoonRisin
AG
I think state takes the series on the road v. Arkansas. They've been playing well lately, and Im super glad to have that series in our pocket already.
Baron de Bastrop
AG
I wouldn't have your best 2 teams wear themselves out with a 5 game series. Either make it a best of 3 like the SR and NC format or take the top 2 from each side and do a single elimination two day tournament. But I love that direction if the SEC were to float it.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Win the whole f'n thing mov YouTube22
When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.