The small print on A&M tickets re: reselling tickets

5,155 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by I already have a dog
TheAngelFlight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Be civil, folks.

I was prompted to read the small print on whatever tickets I could find sitting around from the past few years...found mostly football season tickets since the Kyle Field expansion that I can find...don't have my hands physically on a baseball super regional...

They all say "Resale or attempted resale of this ticket in violation of applicable law or without express written consent of A&M is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or compensation."

I can post pictures later.

Obviously it ends the idea the right to resell is unlimited, nor have I ever received express written consent. I'm sure they like their sponsorship with Flash Seats but I guess generally A&M's view on resale is toleration?

Is this language on current baseball tickets?
histag10
AG

Not this again..
spanky
AG
Quick, somebody shut down flashseats. No way they got permission to actually open a ticket marketplace for A&M events
TheAngelFlight
spanky said:

Quick, somebody shut down flashseats. No way they got permission to actually open a ticket marketplace for A&M events

Like I said, of course they like their sponsorship money.
TheAngelFlight
Is it that again? Did you read an actual ticket in your assertions of ticket holder rights?
spanky
AG
...and btw, there is absolutely zero language, words, etc. on my electronic tickets
spanky
AG
It's not just that. The ticket dept itself resells tickets for a higher than face value price for both football and basketball. I wouldn't say it is toleration if you are actually participating in the practice.
Ragoo
AG
TheAngelFlight said:

spanky said:

Like I said, of course they like their sponsorship money.
it is also data mining. The ticket office sees the secondary ticket market for specific opponents and sections they have data to set the "market" for their face value of future games meeting similar criteria.
BQ_90
AG
So where is the outrage when midweek games are selling way under face value? Never see post here demanding tickets sell for face value then.
TheAngelFlight
spanky said:

...and btw, there is absolutely zero language, words, etc. on my electronic tickets

There are undoubtedly two laundry lists of conditions tied to your ticket from whoever you bought it from and Texas A&M.
AgFB
AG
Spanky=Flashseats
TXAggie2011
AG
Histag10=Still Salty
greg.w.h
AG
Scary legalese is scary...
AgEng06
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Histag10=Still Salty
spanky
AG
AgFB said:

Spanky=Flashseats
Haha

I do wish they would implement some controls on flashseats though. For example, not allowing the multiple resell of the same tickets for more than cost. This morning I saw somebody buy some reserved seats in 103 for $40 and immediately relist those exact seats for $100+. Seems like that kind of behavior could easily be stopped automatically by flash and A&M.

They could also limit the resell of discounted tickets like staff, faculty, and lettermen. I know they have this ability, but they seldom use these restrictions. Like the thread says, they like their cut of the additional sale.
spanky
AG
TheAngelFlight said:

spanky said:

There are undoubtedly two laundry lists of conditions tied to your ticket from whoever you bought it from and Texas A&M.
I buy all my tickets from shady characters outside the stadium. Alex Parker usually helps me. She loves those guys.
Wabs
AG
My reaction whenever this topic comes up

TheAngelFlight
spanky said:

TheAngelFlight said:

spanky said:

I buy all my tickets from shady characters outside the stadium. Alex Parker usually helps me. She loves those guys.

Look at me, I hang out with that Alex Parker chick from TexAgs!

histag10
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Histag10=Still Salty

Over what? I'm just tired of seeing the 4th or 5th thread in the past 2 days about whether or not someone can resell their ticket, whether or not it is right or wrong, and whether or not it is "aggielike".

I have nothing to be "salty" over. Its just getting old, especially when one thread gets locked and someone else starts a new one.
histag10
AG
TheAngelFlight said:

Is it that again? Did you read an actual ticket in your assertions of ticket holder rights?

What assertion of ticket holder rights did I make?
BQ_90
AG
spanky said:

AgFB said:

Spanky=Flashseats
Haha

I do wish they would implement some controls on flashseats though. For example, not allowing the multiple resell of the same tickets for more than cost. This morning I saw somebody buy some reserved seats in 103 for $40 and immediately relist those exact seats for $100+. Seems like that kind of behavior could easily be stopped automatically by flash and A&M.
I thought you could sell tickets in your name and not be charged the flash fee (of course buyer pays flash fee) but if you sell tickets not in your name then they charge both buyer and seller the fees. That would be a reason they wouldn't block resale of bought seats
spanky
AG
No doubt. It's all about the money, and that's also why I say A&M is way beyond tolerating resale. I actually give them props for taking advantage and making money off of it.
bigaggie90
The reason they do not block the resell of seats, or in this example, the flipping of other people's inventory listed on flash, is because Flash Seats will lose money on fees. In this example, flipping a $40 ticket for $100+ nets Flash Seats a 10% fee from the seller on $40 and again when it sells for $100+. Similarly, they will make the 22% buyer fee on the $40 and $100 sales.

In reference to not being charged the Flash Seats fee as a seller, I'm not sure how it works with Texas A&M events. We are Rockets holders and if you are selling your own seats, no fee is taken for commission. If you sell someone else's, however, you will pay 5-10% depending on the nature of the game.
BQ_90
AG
spanky said:

No doubt. It's all about the money, and that's also why I say A&M is way beyond tolerating resale. I actually give them props for taking advantage and making money off of it.
No doubt it makes it asker for them to sell or overcharge for tickets they have unsold. My guess is big reason why they went flash route instead of just setting up e ticket system for ticket holders
BQ_90
AG
Good input, maybe then the fee thing is a flash thing and not TMF thing
bigaggie90
Indeed, the seller and buyer fees are present on all of Flash Seats' events, whether they be Texas A&M or any other team/entertainment venue. I do believe, however, that A&M and the other teams/venues that use flash receive a small portion of what flash makes as a "kickback" so to speak. I'm not 100% sure on this, though.
TXAggie2011
AG
spanky said:

I'm not taking a view point on "toleration" but A&M itself selling tickets on FlashSeats isn't resale, right? Unless I am misunderstanding, that's a primary market seller using a dynamic pricing system.
BQ_90
AG
Yea not sure if the team gets a cut of the fees or if flash just pays them a set rate to be the resale vendor for said team
bigaggie90
Texas A&M does not post tickets on the Flash Seats Marketplace. They sell tickets through the 12th Man Athletics Office, and fans buy them either as a complete season, game-by-game, or in the event of the Super Regionals, three game strips.

All tickets you see on the Flash Seats Marketplace are being sold by individuals on the so-called secondary market. This could range from individuals like you and me to large brokers who post inventory to a number of ticketing resale sites.
spanky
AG
Man, no way A&M is selling on flash. Hope that wasn't implied by anything I said.

A&M gets paid for their flash deal. Really have no idea is that is a percentage thing or just a flat rate. Either way, it is beneficial for both parties for the marketplace to be active.
bigaggie90
Absolutely. I can understand that people are going to be upset about secondary prices, and that's fair. The Flash Seats Marketplace, however, allows the buyer and seller to act in a negotiation process via the bidding system in order to reach a settlement point. No other secondary ticketing marketplace does this, as generally fans must simply purchase ticket(s) at a stated rate plus applicable fees.

The ability to bid on a multitude of tickets on the Flash Seats Marketplace, as well as have features enabled that ensure your bids are not accepted by multiple sellers, resulting in duplicate purchases, gives most of the power to the buyers.
TXAggie2011
AG
bigaggie90 said:

Texas A&M does not post tickets on Flash Seats

I didn't believe A&M did but made that comment due to something Spanky said earlier.
spanky
AG
eBay allows the bidding process still, but I'm not sure how active the ticket market is there anymore.
TheAngelFlight
I'm not sure anyone would doubt the beneficial nature of an extra layer of income for the university of having a deal with Flash Seats.

Obviously that's a different question than your "rights" as a tickerholder and mine is a more pertinent question for those selling on markets the university doesn't have an interest in. A&M wouldn't be the first to enforce such a condition written on a ticket.

Quote:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/7694452/eric-churchs-manager-explains-how-he-cancelled-25000-tickets-held-by
bigaggie90
In a way, yes, but only if the seller has the "make offer" feature attached. Messaging a seller to negotiate outside of this feature will result in suspended accounts for both parties.

Moreover, agreed. You would likely see a multitude of tickets for large, national events (i.e. Super Bowl, World Series) on eBay, but never any inventory for an event like the Super Regionals, which only matter to the fans of two teams.

Finally, selling Flash Seats or Electronic Tickets on eBay is risky for the seller. PayPal payments only protect the seller in cases where they can prove that delivery was made to a physical address, meaning the transfer of a product electronically is not covered under seller protection. I think this is actually a big reason why tickets no longer pop up very often on eBay.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.