John Cohen Appointed as MSU AD

1,687 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LSU Baseball Fan
LSU Baseball Fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On my phone so I can't link any articles, sorry.

Who do y'all think takes his spot as head baseball coach? I won't miss his infuriating antics that made games take like 5 hours. He's a good coach, though. Pretty sure he took MSU from worst to first in the SEC in just one year, very impressive.
twk
AG
Last I saw, it wasn't official, but they do seem to be headed that direction. Interesting choice. Apparently, they were trying to keep the decision under wraps in hopes that they might be able to hire a replacement baseball coach quickly, but I don't see that happening. Either they hire an assistant off someone else's staff, or elevate one of their own, or play this season with an interim.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my trip to Starkville last year--that time wasting really wears on you, unless at the end of the day you end up kicking Cohen's ass, which we did all three games.
mdanyc03
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

Pretty sure he took MSU from worst to first in the SEC in just one year, very impressive.

Does it count as just one year when it is your eighth and ninth years on the job?
LSU Baseball Fan
mdanyc03 said:

LSU Baseball Fan said:

Pretty sure he took MSU from worst to first in the SEC in just one year, very impressive.

Does it count as just one year when it is your eighth and ninth years on the job?

I wouldn't blame Cohen much for how bad they were in 2015. The cupboard was pretty empty talentwise after their run to the CWS finals in 2013. This past season's team was experienced.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.