Mitchell Nau on Facebook

7,841 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Foxo
AggieBand2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not baseball related, but a hunter's page posted this pic of Mitchell and a mountain lion he bagged in Comstock, TX.
McCoveysCove
Nice sized cat
src94
AggieBill005
AG
Was it going after cattle or kids? If not, why?
AggieBand2004
AG
Because it is legal to hunt them.
I am not a hunter but I will protect their right to hunt, as well as depend on the state's parks & wildlife bureau to make a correct determination on the hunting limits of animals.
Foxo
AG
I had one on my property in central Texas last year. Someone killed it. I don't know what happened to the three young ones that were spotted with her. She was there for some time and no one lost a cow.

I remember when I first moved to southeast Texas in 1968. Someone sighted the last black bear in the area and the local sports writer gave directions to where it was sighted, so that someone could kill it. I would never buy that paper ever.

But they are coming back. ... "Louisiana Black Bears, which haven't been seen in these parts since the 1950s, are returning to the region, hungry for fresh sources of food and looking for mates.

Donna Work, with the Texas A&M Forest Service, said the bears are moving naturally back to the Lone Star State across rivers from Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana. "If they are coming over, they need a place to stay," she said, adding that the bears are threatened and illegal to kill.

Work said bear populations in our neighboring states have grown substantially in recent years, forcing rogue male bears to move to Texas in search of their own territories."

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.