"Hi, everyone, and a very pleasant good afternoon to you wherever you may be..."

2,839 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Big Shooter
third deck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So go the familiar opening lines of the greatest baseball broadcaster to ever call play by play.
Sadly, only 3 more weeks left to listen to the golden voice of the Dodgers.

To make this Aggie related...enjoyed listening to this speech from Vin Scully at the Reagan Library -->

At about the 40min mark, Vin relives how the great Aggie legacy, Wally Moon, came to Los Angeles.

AggieBill005
AG
Golden voice of the Dodgers, yet I heard an interview with him where he said that he isn't a Dodgers fan! He then spoke about professionalism and that as a professional he wants them to do well but doesn't root for them. Thought it was an interesting comment.
third deck
AG
Pretty cool that on the gameday the Dodger organization chose to officially honor Scully's legacy and say the formal farewell, an Aggie wearing Dodger blue was the winning pitcher.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
I'm definitely struggling with my emotions this last couple weeks, but I am beyond thankful that I've gotten to listen to the man call so many games. He's a true legend and he will definitely be missed.

I'll always remember sitting in my dorm room watching Ross Stripling's home debut when I heard the smoothest voice in baseball say the name of our great university.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.