A&M DB former Top Baseball Prospect

2,192 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mdanyc03
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Coming out of Stone High School, Evans was more of a baseball prospect than a football guy with star ratings. Robinson said schools like Southern Mississippi and Tennessee were interested in bringing in Evans (6-1, 195) to be a pitcher.

According to the baseball recruiting site Perfect Game, Evans had a fastball that exceeded 90 mph and was the No. 3 prospect in Mississippi's Class of 2013. Even the Los Angeles Dodgers called and wondered if Evans was interested of playing in the minor leagues, Robinson said.

Perfect Game Profile Here
TheChameleon
AG
Interesting. When I saw in the title it was a DB, I wouldn't have predicted that he was a pitching prospect!
Rusty GCS
AG
I had heard Evans was a ball player before but never heard he was a pitching prospect. That caught me off guard as well.

I could definitely see the correlation between the leg and back strength needed to throw 90+ and laying the wood he does on the gridiron.
mdanyc03
AG
I talked to Evans summer of 2015 at an event and he told me he was planning on playing baseball for a&m. Guess a fall time starting football gig didn't make that possible.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.