Fall practice?

16,886 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Foxo
MMantle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just my perspective, but I agree with all......

From a hitting standpoint, it's a totally different situation, being ahead in the count, you can look for a specific pitch, can 'start the bat', don't have to be in 'protect the plate' / defensive mode.

i.e., could explain the high BA against Corbin, as a result of his often being behind in the count.

When I coached HS players, in summer ball, many years ago, they asked me, "Coach, what is the best pitch in baseball?"

They were hanging on the suspense of my response, which was......

"The best pitch in baseball is..............Strike One."

RR
Foxo
AG
So far the most information that our great sports information office is able to provide is who won the 1st game of the Fall World Series.
dirkjones
AG
Anyone seen Tristan Mettan? Heard he may have been dismissed from the team 1-2 weeks ago.
Foxo
AG
Still on the roster but that might not mean anything.
Thisguy1
Are they still going to play game 3 of the series tomorrow even though the series has already been won?
MAROON
AG
Yes
Thisguy1
I was told they moved it up to 330 tomorrow?
MAROON
AG
Yes that's what the press release about today's game mentioned. I wonder if that is a misprint because the previous schedule was 5:00
jpennington
Game is definitely at 3:30 today. Farmers won the fall competition but they want to finish out the fall practice and get innings in for those scheduled to pitch today.
MAROON
AG
I heard they might mix up the teams today, but ya I think the goal is for reps.
BurnetAggie99
I wish Aggie Athletics would broadcast this. Saw that tu had their Fall Series on LHN.
Foxo
AG
I'd settle for a box score. Is anyone responsible for Aggie Baseball publicity?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.