Could Johnny play baseball?

2,725 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agforlife97
Knoxville_Ag_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like Brandon Weeden in reverse, could Johnny play College Baseball after playing pro-football?
DWren
No he can't.
Difference in guys like Weeden , Chris Weinke and Mark Farris.. They never enrolled in college.
Went straight from HS to pro baseball.. Then returned to college thus still had eligibility in another sport.
dirkjones
AG
"Plus he is living in LA. That would be a long commute each day.
BQ_90
AG
didn't he sign with the padres? I realize that was sorta of PR stunt but he did technically get drafted and he showed up at a game? My guess is he got paid for that somehow.
Yell Practice
No, Johnny Football is finished at Aggieland, unfortunately.
dv0478
unfortunately?
themissinglink
AG
Not sure if he ever signed with the padres. Each player has 5 years to play 4 (unless they can get a medical RS,) and I think the clock for players starts after they get on campus. Given that Johnny was at A&M for 3 years and in the NFL for 2, I think he's out of eligibility for baseball.
Captain Pablo
AG
Even if he was eligible, Rob wouldn't do it

Now for THAT I do have faith in Coach Childress
Yell Practice
Per Ben Baby of the Dallas Morning News, Johnny Manziel has re-enrolled at Texas A&M University, where he last attended classes in 2014.

Currently out of a job in the NFL and facing a four-game drug-related suspension should he return, Manziel has apparently shifted his focus to completing his college degree. He is listed as a senior and is majoring in recreation, parks and tourism sciences (RPTS)
TheChameleon
AG
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he does attempt to go the professional baseball route at some point, if he ever does get another chance in football & it doesn't work out performance wise.
Yell Practice
Maybe - - - but I really think that he is finished.
agforlife97
AG
quote:
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he does attempt to go the professional baseball route at some point, if he ever does get another chance in football & it doesn't work out performance wise.
He's also an excellent golfer, so it wouldn't shock me if he tried that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.