Ecker arrested for hitting Cop

6,654 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Foxo
dirkjones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.thedpost.com/Tigers-pitcher-arrested-in-W-Va

Sumlin has lost control of our professional pitchers!
Yell Practice
Not good !
ftworthag02
AG
This thread is about to get deleted like the last one
OnlyForNow
AG
Seriously it was deleted before? What a crock.

[Love it when people pop off about something when they are totally, 100% ignorant about the facts. Ecker's arrest is news, and that's fine as far as it goes, but when the discussion about this topic starts drawing nothing but objectionable responses, it's more efficient to eliminate the thread than remove virtually every response.

Next time you grandstand about moderation, expect to be banned--Staff]
dixichkn
AG
Geez......
W
AG
oh my, this is not good
TheChameleon
AG
Good grief. Must have been completely plastered. Have been a big fan of his on field play but this is not a good look to say the least.
BurnetAggie99
greg.w.h
AG
Get your act together Mark.
_mpaul
AG
quote:
[Love it when people pop off about something when they are totally, 100% ignorant about the facts. Ecker's arrest is news, and that's fine as far as it goes, but when the discussion about this topic starts drawing nothing but objectionable responses, it's more efficient to eliminate the thread than remove virtually every response.

Next time you grandstand about moderation, expect to be banned--Staff]

merc
AG
Does each forum have it's own mods? Or is that banned from the ENTIRE site? Seems a little..excessive.
Aggies2009
AG
Always hate to hear about incidents like this. Ecker is a tremendous pitcher, I hope he can get things going the right way.
Agsncws
AG
quote:
Does each forum have it's own mods? Or is that banned from the ENTIRE site? Seems a little..excessive.
Yes. Yes. Ok?
W
AG
Ecker pitched on Monday. I guess they don't do suspensions in the minor leagues. Good luck with the West Virginia criminal justice system
Yell Practice
Get it together quickly Mark.
Yell Practice
Ecker is a great pitcher. Let's hope that there are no suspensions.
TheChameleon
AG
quote:
Ecker pitched on Monday. I guess they don't do suspensions in the minor leagues. Good luck with the West Virginia criminal justice system

The Tigers could definitely choose to suspend him if they deem it necessary. They are probably investigating/waiting for all the facts.
Yell Practice
The Tigers recently suspended a pitcher for 50 games because of drug abuse. So they do suspend. Maybe Mark can avoid that.
Sandman98
AG
quote:
The Tigers recently suspended a pitcher for 50 games because of drug abuse. So they do suspend. Maybe Mark can avoid that.

Drug/PED suspensions for failed tests are required under the CBA.
Deadwood
AG
Pitchers lives matter.
Sean98
AG
Exactly. MLB suspends on drug issues, not the club. The Tigers had no choice in that matter.
KaneIsAble
AG
Got that link from one of our coaches the next day. Didn't post bc I thought I'd get banned. Sometimes it's good to be wrong
BrandoC
AG
Damn, I guess he still never did live down that last loss at Olsen.
Foxo
AG

Article on Ecker's pro prospects

DETROITAs a reliever with three legitimate pitches, righthander Mark Ecker is rare. But at times in his young pro career, his fastball has been enough to carry him.
Ecker, a fifth-round pick out of Texas A&M in June, recorded stellar numbers for short-season Connecticut. In 11 games in the New York-Penn League, the 21-year-old went 2-0, 0.50 with a 0.56 WHIP and 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
Click here to log in and read the full article

Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/ecker-off-fast-start/#LrY37Q0AJYYuPy23.99

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.