Coastal Carolina-2016 Nat'l Champs

4,790 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Yell Practice
Dr Lane Trowlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can't believe they won it. The Ags really let a golden opportunity slip away. Many of the more talented teams were bounced early this year. Still really happy we won the SEC-T, but it coulda been more...
exp
AG
Immensely more satisfying outcome than LSU, TCU, or Florida winning it.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
The Ags really let a golden opportunity slip away.
There must be at least a dozen other fan bases thinking the same thing right now when they see Coastal Carolina win it.
Dr Lane Trowlan
quote:
quote:
There must be at least a dozen other fan bases thinking the same thing right now when they see Coastal Carolina win it.

True. But we were also ranked #1 in the country, so....
jkag89
quote:
quote:
quote:

Florida was the consensus #1 for most of the season and was the odds on favorite to start the year. They had two players drafted in the first round and seven drafted before any Aggie.

Louisville the #2 national seed, had three players drafted in the first round and a total of seven players drafted before the first Aggie was picked
MsDoubleD81
AB2
AG
and Texas A&M remains the last team to eliminate Coastal Carolina.
McInnis
AG
In two of the last five seasons, a team the Aggies eliminated in the College Station regional went on to win the CWS the next year. I know, the world's smallest consolation award.
John Dutton
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

And, if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops... Being ranked #1, a couple times during the season means, jack squat.
LSU Baseball Fan
Well, that puts our season into perspective. No shame losing 2 fairly close games to the eventual national champs. They deserved it.

We overachieved and got beat by a better, more experienced club. I think we'll be better next year for having that experience.
TyHolden
Texam90
AG
quote:
In two of the last five seasons, a team the Aggies eliminated in the College Station regional went on to win the CWS the next year. I know, the world's smallest consolation award.

Wake, Minnesota and Binghamton odds just improved.
Cardiac Saturday
AG
quote:
+1
Luke The Drifter
AG
quote:

This does nothing for me. I can't find joy in other's pain. A&M had a clear path to make a deep post-season run and, for whatever reason, we were not able to pull it off once again. I really, really, really don't give two you-know-whats about anyone else and what they do or don't do. I'm just ready for A&M to hire a baseball coach who can win consistently in May and June. Long regular season winning streaks and conference tourney titles are nice...but I'm ready to be involved in late-June discussions instead of mid-March discussions.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
LSU Baseball Fan
Honestly Florida is probably the most disappointed. Arguably the best pitching staff college baseball has ever seen, get a favorable draw, and still go 0-2 when it counts. Top overall national seed didn't win any titles or even a game in Omaha.

LSU underachieved and went 0-2 in 2013, but our pitching staff wasn't loaded with future big leaguers like Florida this year.
dv0478
so CCU beat LSU, Florida, Tech, TCU and somehow A&M would have beaten Coastal? what?
TexasRebel
AG
Nope. Just Minnesota.

Next year they will either miss out entirely or win it all.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
It is kind of impossible to win the natty when you keep choking at the super regionals.
annie88
AG
They won out.

They deserve it.

That's how it works.

Congratulations to them.

Aggies 2017.
greg.w.h
AG
Eight games in 12 days, first time all 17 CWS games were played, 6-0 in elimination games including the last two games of the finals series, 55-13 record for the year.

They came and took it.
Luke The Drifter
AG
quote:
Eight games in 12 days, first time all 17 CWS games were played, 6-0 in elimination games including the last two games of the finals series, 55-13 record for the year.

They came and took it.

Preach on.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Rocco S
quote:
quote:

This does nothing for me. I can't find joy in other's pain. A&M had a clear path to make a deep post-season run and, for whatever reason, we were not able to pull it off once again. I really, really, really don't give two you-know-whats about anyone else and what they do or don't do. I'm just ready for A&M to hire a baseball coach who can win consistently in May and June. Long regular season winning streaks and conference tourney titles are nice...but I'm ready to be involved in late-June discussions instead of mid-March discussions.

Truth. Preach it. I hate that I can only blue star this once.
Rocco S
quote:
so CCU beat LSU, Florida, Tech, TCU and somehow A&M would have beaten Coastal? what?
Yeah, we would have. It's Coastal Carolina. If it had been Coastal Texas, they'd have won for sure. Our record in the post season vs non Texas teams is actually pretty good, it's our post season record vs Texas teams that sucks horribly.
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, we would have. It's Coastal Carolina. If it had been Coastal Texas, they'd have won for sure. Our record in the post season vs non Texas teams is actually pretty good, it's our post season record vs Texas teams that sucks horribly.
Meh, I don't know if you're just joking but we've lost plenty to non-Texas teams in the post-season.
Baseball123
quote:
They won out.

They deserve it.

That's how it works.

Congratulations to them.

Aggies 2017.
I could not agree more! Sometimes, there is a lot of really good talent at the smaller conferences and this proves that point. And sometimes, you gotta have a little luck along the way and not let egos get in the way.
Way to Go Carolina!! Always next years boys!
txag72
AG
Which of the A&M players do you think you will ever see in the majors? This "we had the most talent thing"....well, we'll see about that.
Yell Practice
Omaha next year. Go all the way Aggies
Yell Practice
The hottest team in June usually wins the CWS.
Gil Renard
AG
quote:
quote:

I agree with everything but LSU. If they played Russia I would go for Russia.
Gil Renard
AG
Why does so much of our fanbase gloat about making regionals. Supers. But not Omaha? Regular season kings. getting fat off of average pitching. Playing tight when it counts. Free pass city. It's always someone else's fault but the coach and players on the field.

Regional. Rob.
Bernie13
quote:
The hottest team in June usually wins the CWS.
You get the observant award for this thread.
Yell Practice
Copy Coastal next year Aggies. Win it all !!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.